Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame issues with SONOS eARc

(Topic created on: 30-11-2020 07:36 PM)
Wantittowork
Student
Options

I see a lot of threads here on both Samsung and SONOS about issues with SONOS ARC cutting in and out with eArc.  While I tend to think it is really an issue with SONOS as I see problems with TV's and SONOS arc that are not Samsung.  So the common element is SONOS. Which they have had problems with other products as they didn't facilitate proper testing with other vendors. 

Now that I got that out of the way.I feel a fix to these sound issues would be for Samsung to put in a feature of ATMOS compatibility to stay off when selected and not revert to on when the TV and Soundbar are powered back up.  The cut out issues stop when compatibility mode is turned off and eArc is set to off.  The problem comes back when you turn the tv and soundbar back on and the ATMOS compatibility gets re-selected as it senses the SONOS arc has that capability.  Until the two manufacturers can work through their flagship products to get it working.  That seems like the best work around to me. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
mccann
First Poster
Options
how do I activate calling on the a7
0 Likes
Wantittowork
Student
Options

Don't know why i didn't consider this first and maybe someone posted it.  Just used the Optical adapter and that solves the cut out issue.  I honestly don't care about having the ATMOS quality sound if it cuts out ever 3-5 seconds.  Good luck all that have been frustrated with this set up and hope that helps. 

0 Likes