Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame & Xbox console compatibility issues

(Topic created on: 30-05-2022 11:42 AM)
Crispyleeks
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I've got a Series X and a 43" Samsung Frame, but whenever I connect the console up to the TV through it's connector box, I can't seem to get a signal. I've tried resetting the display options on my Series X and it does display when it boots up but only in 480p. If I change the resolution to anything else on the console, it cuts out and says no signal detected. I've tried different HDMI cables to no avail.

As for the TV, VRR is turned off, HDR is turned off and it's got the latest firmware update too. Included some specs/ info for the TV below in case it's of any help.

Model Code: QE43LS03AAUXXU

Software Version: T-NKM2DEUC-1904.0

Can't quite figure out what's going on with it. It claims that there's no signal but clearly picks up the console is on as it changes from no source detected to no signal via HDMI. I’ve tried checking the console on different TVs and it’s fine, as is the HDMI cable, so it’s definitely some sort of problem with the Samsung Frame.

Not sure if anyone's had a similar issue, but if anyone can help it'd be massively appreciated! Doesn't seem right a recent, expensive TV should have compatibility issues with a modern consoles.

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@Crispyleeks: Do you have the Series X connected to HDMI port 4 using the HDMI cable that came packaged with the console? If so, try connecting to an alternate HDMI port to see if the issue persists. Also, try heading to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus, and enable this feature for the HDMI port that the Series X is connected to. I'd also recommend checking your console display settings once again, and toggling off any advanced features that might not be supported. 

0 Likes
Crispyleeks
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried what you suggested and still no luck. I get the ‘Unknown’ message informing me to set up the device manually so you can control it with your Smart Remote, but that doesn’t do anything. I just get another message saying “HDMI Cable: No Signal”

Any other suggestions on what might be causing the issue? Tried it with an Xbox One S, a Macbook and a windows laptop and no device will display on the screen.

Thanks

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Crispyleeks: That's strange. Where did you purchase your Frame from? Are you making sure to select the relevant source by pressing the Home button on your Smart Remote > Scroll left > Source > Make your selection from here? Further to my suggestion above, try setting your Xbox display option to 60Hz to see if this helps.

0 Likes
Crispyleeks
Apprentice
Options

I’m definitely selecting the correct source, have tried having the Xbox display option at 60hz, as this is also the only setting the Xbox One S can do and it still only displays in the 480p resolution. 

TV was purchased from John Lewis.

0 Likes
Crispyleeks
Apprentice
Options

Have you got any other ideas on how to fix this? Or do you think it needs to be returned and replaced?

0 Likes
hshdu376
First Poster
Options

The console is also not looking compatible in my device and I want help to fix this compatibility issue please give me some suggestion about it.

0 Likes
yaiske848
First Poster
Options

There are some very serious issue with the console but no one has any idea about how we can fix this problem as you can see here kindly suggest us any solution...

0 Likes
JeffersonIII
First Poster
Options

Have you had any luck with fixing this?  My Xbox One S is causing issues with my 2022 LS03B Frame TV. Initially it connects, then after a couple minutes the TV screen turns black, displays a message that there is no signal from the source (Check Device Power), then the TV reboots. After the TV is back at main menu, the xbox can be selected again and signal is received.  Have tried on 4KUHD setting, 1080p setting.  Game mode on, game mode off.  Ultra 4K HDMI cable.  Have called Samsung they said it was an Xbox issue, called Xbox, they said it was a samsung issue.  Nintendo Switch works on the Frame no problems.  Xbox works on all other 1080p TVs.  Anyone?

0 Likes