Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung frame 2021 75" XBox Series X

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 07:20 AM)
Veppezi
Journeyman
Options

I just purchased the TV above and I regret it more than you can imagine. I've been saving for a TV that offers 120Hz and wife wanted to have stylish TV so I checked that.. oh I could play 120Hz with my Xbox with the frame 75" so we bought one.

Whenever I choose Input Signal Plus to HDMI4 the screen goes black and gives an error regarding HDMI cable.

When I choose Game mode on and Xbox is in 120Hz same thing happens.

I have update firmware manually, factory settings, changing ports (works, but its not actually 120Hz because other ports are lacking HDMI 2.1), changing resolution. game settings... Is there something else that I could try out?

This is my 3rd samsung screen in a row, all of them have had problems G7 32" flickering, G9 neo 49" horizontal stripes and firmware issues, and now this. Fix your s..products please and give me a firmware so that I can get something for once without googling for hours and sending those to warranty. Argh! Anger! 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Pops2012
First Poster
Options

Send it back mate. Support don’t have a clue. At best they’ll replace your TV or update some ports but it won’t work. 

There’s an internal firmware update that fixes it but it can only be installed by an engineer. Because support don’t have a clue even if you show them the internal Samsung bulletin detailing the fix they’ll still just try and replace the unit which will also have the same issue. 

send it back before it’s too late. There are other TV’s that have a close fit to the wall and also other solutions to display art on them. The novelty of art mode will wear off quickly. If you have an Apple TV (just one example) they have some mint screensavers on there and also you can upload your own art to it. 

Samsung also have an issue with 5.1 LPCM passthrough on earc that isn’t getting fixed and is getting ignored like this hdmi port 4 issue. 

the 2022 frames will likely come with an updated one connect box and not have this issue so doubt we’ll get many more firmware updates for ours and just get left behind. 

Shite. 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Set up your Xbox One X and your Samsung QLED TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084864/#:~:text=Using%20the%20HDMI%20cable%20that,aut....
0 Likes
Veppezi
Journeyman
Options

Does not work.

0 Likes
AntonAntonAnton
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

I had the same issue.

Just use HDMI 1. Not HDMI 4 (even if it's marked with gamepad sign). 

For me the problem left: no support of HDR in 4K120Hz mode....

0 Likes
amidre
Apprentice
Options

Please return it, buddy. Support is completely clueless. They will, at most, replace your TV or upgrade certain ports, but it will not operate.

0 Likes
Veppezi
Journeyman
Options

I'm using HDMI 1, but that does not resolve the issue: Not having 120Hz.

0 Likes
SuperGrug
First Poster
Options

120Hz / 4K does work on HDMI1, but not with HDR. It's a workaround I've been using for many months while waiting for Samsung to fix HDMI4 (game port). There is another thread that talks about this issue in much detail and it sounds like 1227 will fix the issue, but it's not widely available yet.

0 Likes
N1CKG
First Poster
Options

Sounds like the Sub Micom 1227 update via service menu using USB update seems to fix this issue.  The only problem is no one for support knows anything about it. Some other Samsung community members are sharing the file and having success doing it themselves.

0 Likes
Dave-o
First Poster
Options

Very similar to my experience with my Samsung Q70T and Xbox Series X.   In my case it turned out that my xbox came with a faulty HDMI 2.1 cable and a new one solved my problem.  

0 Likes