Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Confirm tv software update no longer supports wireless connectivity. Confirmed by Samsung.

(Topic created on: 16-07-2018 07:58 AM)
Barriemcpherson
First Poster
Options

Please be aware that buying any Samsung smart Tv with wireless connectivity now does not gaurentee you that it will remain wireless. I have updated the software on my Tv which has now made the wireless connectivity redundant. I have just had 2 long conversations with Samsung support and customer services. They have confirmed that I will now need to wire in my Tv as the update does not support wireless. Not only that I will need to pay for an engineer to come out to do that for me. The model is UE32ES 6710UXXU. It is an older model yes, but please be aware that when you buy a wireless Samsung it will not remain a wireless Samsung. Something they do not wish to divulge when purchasing. Has anyone else had this issue. I did compare it to buying a Galaxy and being told next year that it would only work if I plugged it into my landline!!

5 REPLIES 5
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Barriemcpherson wrote:

Please be aware that buying any Samsung smart Tv with wireless connectivity now does not gaurentee you that it will remain wireless. I have updated the software on my Tv which has now made the wireless connectivity redundant. I have just had 2 long conversations with Samsung support and customer services. They have confirmed that I will now need to wire in my Tv as the update does not support wireless. Not only that I will need to pay for an engineer to come out to do that for me. The model is UE32ES 6710UXXU. It is an older model yes, but please be aware that when you buy a wireless Samsung it will not remain a wireless Samsung. Something they do not wish to divulge when purchasing. Has anyone else had this issue. I did compare it to buying a Galaxy and being told next year that it would only work if I plugged it into my landline!!

I think miss selling again. If you bought the tv with that function, and it's less than 6 years old, and Samsung have withdraw that function and it was advertised by your retailer with that function, then that could or maybe miss selling. It is worth contacting Citzens Advice and look on the this thread,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/m-p/579806#M14123

Which may have information that may be useful. You are doing the right thing by broadcasting this and keep doing that on social media. It would also be helpful if you could get that response in writing to again let others know. There are some very clever people on that threadwho may be able to help.

Paul

Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

That is another reason why release notes for software updates should be provided by Samsung, so we know if the update removes something!

My guess here with the TV is there was some sort of security issue with the Wi-Fi and rather than fix it, they've chosen to disable the functionality, which is standard for Samsung, they don't care about their customers.

They can't just remove functionality like this.  Take the advice given by Paul.

My first Samsung TV, this and 101 other reasons why it will be the last Samsung TV I ever own.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
RonMcDon
Apprentice
Options

I have found a workaround for this issue.  I guessed there was a fault with the wireless card, but that’s really poor if they’ve disabled the functionality deliberately.

I bought a WiFi range extender from Amazon for £20, as I initially thought the signal was not reaching the tv for some reason. https://www.amazon.co.uk/VICTONY-Extender-Frequency-External-Antennas/dp/B07HGTT5ZY/ref=sr_1_31?s=co...

The range extender made no difference, but then I realised I could plug it into the TV using a network cable (I had one in an old broadband router box), to make a wired (rather than wireless) connection.

It works a treat!  It is plugged in next to the TV plug, and I only need switch it on when I want to watch something on Netflix etc.

0 Likes
Heklotek
Student
Options

You can reenable your WiFi card in your smart TV's service menu :winking-face: Samsung firmware just turned it off. Still it's a dick move and should be illegal....

aaaaaàa
First Poster
Options

My 6 sereis Samsung 55, Wi-Fi signal was very strong full bars for 2 years. In March 2018 it start losing signal. My Wi-Fi router is in the same room and it works all over the house with strong full signal. My internet signal reachs the whole street. Internet connection is 150mbps with Virgin. Samsung should compensate its customers for playing this trick for customers to buy new tv's. Or fix the problem with updates.