Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung breaching customers consumer rights

(Topic created on: 26-09-2022 09:53 AM)
Magmax01
Apprentice
Options

Hello, 

I wonder if anyone has gone through the same issue i am experiencing with samsung and resolved it?

I bought a tv just under a year ago from the Samsung online shop in the uk which is the Qn95a.

This tv suffers from the intermittent black screen and audio drop out that many other owners are experiencing when using the hdmi ports.

I contacted Samsung regarding this and they sent an engineer who couldn't fix it but as the fault never occurred when they was here they said the tv is fine.  I sent samsung more proof of this issue and they sent out another engineer who also said the same thing but the problem still exists.

So i rang samsung again and told them that under my consumer rights 2015 as they have failed to fix the tv i am entitled to a refund/replacement set and they said no because they are the manufacturer  the tv can only be repaired again under warranty and they also told me they are nothing to with the online samsung online store and i need to talk to the shop for the refund or replacement set. So i rang the online shop and the shop puts you straight through to the manufacturers online support which in turn will only look at the tv under warranty repair. I rang the store again and told them not to transfer me to the manufacturer but again they don't listen and put you back in contact with tech support... I was on the phone for over 3 hours last week trying to get to talk to someone from the online store.

What samsung is doing is illegal and breaking the law by ignoring their customers rights 2015.

Has anyone got through to talk to samsung complaints department  or to someone who will actually help.

My only next step is to contact Trading Standards and to take them to the small claims court which i should not have to do. I will never buy another samsung product again.

All i ask for is a tv that works. 

16 REPLIES 16
m1442
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem with my television.its a 75 inch qled under a year old. Engineer is booked for today so this will be a laugh because it doesn't always do it but I've also sent them a video think when i get on the phone i won't give them a chance just keep ringing and get put through to a senior member

0 Likes
Magmax01
Apprentice
Options

What they are doing is breaking the rules set out to protect their customers.When you ring the number you are put on hold and the message they play is all about how they loik after their customers when things go wrong. 

All the contact numbers on the Samsung store website are related to the manufacturer apart from online shop number. Yet i have two confirmation emails from their customer solutions team stating that they are the manufacturer and have nothing to do with the online store so why does the store put you directly in contact with the manufacturer???

The manufacturer is saying that as the tv is over 14 days i am not entitled to return the set which i accept but as they have failed to repair the tv twice, three times if you count the online tech help where they take control of the tv under the consumer rights 2015 everyone is entitled to contact the retailer and request a refund/part refund or a replacement set.

Why is Samsung online store bypassing the important part of trading legally in the UK?

Surely a company the size of samsung has a customer complaints department for the online store which you can talk to or even a manger you can speak to regarding online store issues??? 

Magmax01
Apprentice
Options

When the engineers came out they both said they can not fully test the tv as the fault is intermittent. The only way they could fully would be too take it away for a month so instead they took a picture of the error code message which showed no errors and  ran the hdmi cable test. They also checked to make sure the tv had the latest firmware which it did. The last guy replaced the one connect cable and left me with a speacil Samsung hdmi approved cable and told me it would fix alk my drop out issues. It turned out the cable wasn't even hdmi 2.1 because as soon as I started using it anything 2.1 didn't work....

So based on this detailed assessment carried out by their engineer my tv works. 

So 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Outwith warranty in the first six months the retailer must offer a full refund if an attempt at repair or replacement is unsuccessful. whilst can still make claim afterwards the onus is more on the consumer to prove there was a known fault at the time of purchase . See more information here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product-aTTEK2g0YuEy 

For seeking resolution on issue with Samsung there is a email address  support@samsunguk.zendesk.com 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
donnamarie66
Journeyman
Options
I am experiencing exactly the same issue with a 2 month old mobile phone. I have logged 37 errors in 1 month to their online team, who collected data from my phone and said there is a hardware issue. The engineer came to fix it today, couldn't find a fault and said it is a software issue! Shop transfer me to technical support and they refuse to replace, even though they can't decide what the problem is, let alone fix it!
kaiZF4
Explorer
Options
Where are you at now with this all?
0 Likes
donnamarie66
Journeyman
Options
I just wrote a 5 page complaint and sent it to the only 3 departments I could find. I am at my wits end and so stressed with it all. I have never had such bad service in my life. I'll let you know what response I get, if any. In the meantime I am continuing to log every error report and I am taking screen shots of everything
Magmax01
Apprentice
Options

I have now sent an email to this adrress support@samsunguk.zendesk.com 

see what happens.

I have spoken to citizens advice a number of times and they have also confirmed that the retailer should be dealing with this and not the manufacturer  so they are 100% breaching my rights by not resolving this. They can escalate to Trading Standards if I want. It will not help resolve my refund but it will open an investigation case into the way samsung.com are trading.

My next port of call will be probably be the small calms court which is ridiculous.

There's a lot to be said for buying from a retail outlet and going into the store and talking to someone directly instead of hiding behind a call centre.

Magmax01
Apprentice
Options

Hello, so I contacted samsung using this email address   support@samsunguk.zendesk.com  and their response is below is a complete joke not once in my email I sent them did i requested any kind of tech support.

I laid it out very clearly that the TV was repaired twice and the issue is still there I even added a video showing the fault of the black screen after the repair and under my consumer right 2015 I an entitled to reject another warranty repair and I can request a refund/part refund or replacement TV....

Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Samsung Shop Team. Your Reference Number is XXXXXXX.

I appreciate your efforts in contacting us, and thank you for choosing Samsung. I understand that you are requesting for technical assistance with your Samsung product. Allow me to provide details to have your query resolved.

For technical assistance regarding the product you are planning to purchase or have already purchased, you can visit our support link at https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/. The link provided contains product manual downloads, product warranty information, support help, news updates and more.

If you wish to talk to a live technical support representative who can guide you through troubleshooting steps necessary before a service centre repair resolution, you can do so by dialing our tech support line 0333-000-0333.

I hope I've helped answer your query. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to respond to this email thread.

NO IT DOES NOT!!!

They are sending customers round in circles hoping they get sooo frustrated they give up... The contact details samsung.com are providing are the manufacturers details and not the online store details. They also say to contact "our" technical support team when it is really the manufacturer you are contacting. The manufacturers has sent me in writing that they are nothing to do with the online shop so why is the shop passing me directly to them when it clearly is the shops responsibility to deal with this issue now...