Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung AU9000 light bleed?

(Topic created on: 13-05-2022 01:57 PM)
ct70
Apprentice
Options
Brand new AU9000, just noticed that in a low light room, there seems to be a white light streak running along the top right hand side of the TV.

Is it a light bleeding issue? The actual corner is darker, which is where light normally bleeds from.

Or does this look like a faulty unit?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@ct70: If this is most noticeable in low light conditions, please try heading to Settings > General > Intelligent Mode Settings > Adaptive Picture, and toggle this option off to see if you notice a difference. This optimises the brightness of the picture based on the lighting conditions in the room, so this is worth exploring as an option. Furthermore, head to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Local Dimming, and set this to Low. Please can you also try heading to Settings > General > Power and Energy Saving > Brightness Optimisation > Off. 

Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
ct70
Apprentice
Options
Thanks @AndrewL, I've just had a look at the settings, there is no intelligent mode setting or local dimming settings. I'm on version 1904 which seems to be the latest. The only setting I can find listed above is the brightness optimisation. Turning this off makes the screen brighter, but also makes the white streak brighter too and more noticeable.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Do these show up during a Picture test, @ct70 ? You can run this from the TV Settings> Support> Self diagnostics> Picture test. 

0 Likes
ct70
Apprentice
Options
@TessM, no the light streak doesn't appear on the picture test. It only shows when the image is dark and the room has low light.
0 Likes
Members_tCVDMt4
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem brand new set only delivered on Friday. 

20220516_230648.jpg

0 Likes
ct70
Apprentice
Options
That looks pretty bad! Worst of it seems to be in the same place as mine.
0 Likes