Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung AU7000 TV volume goes up to 100 on its own

(Topic created on: 11-02-2022 02:33 PM)
Aloy69
Apprentice
Options

My tv volume goes up on its own to 100.  even if i turn the volume down it still goes up to 100. even tried taking the remote batteries out. it is just a month old.

16 REPLIES 16
Wrathoftron
Student
Options

For anyone looking this is where to start. The problem seems to be affected by external devices and their remotes. While I don’t have a fire stick I do have an appleTV and my Samsung started doing this today the second my Apple TV remove gave me a warning to recharge. It took me until seeing this comment, but the very second I plugged my remote in to recharge, my tv finally stopped trying to max the volume. 

Wrathoftron
Student
Options

I do not have a fire stick remote per xSteveUKs suggestion but I do have an appleTV remote that had a low charge and it was indeed what was causing my Samsung QLED to keep maxing the volume. 

if this is happening to you, trying changing the batteries or charging any remotes you have for external deviated connected to the TV. Can’t tell you why but this seems to be the fix for some 

Davidh7997
Student
Options

This is the exact same issue I was having today, my Samsung big 80”(?) TV bought in 2021, volume was stuck at 100. I’d try to turn it down and it would immediately go back to 100 by itself. I found this thread, and I also have an Apple TV connected to the Samsung TV. I went and plug my Apple Remote in to charge. As soon at I plugged the Apple Remote in to charge, the Samsung TV’s volume was not longer stuck! The Samsung volume is adjustable and back to normal! Crazy issue and solution but I’m so glad I came across this thread and it worked!!!

sandd495
First Poster
Options

This was my problem as well. After trying about 20 things, I came on this thread, charged my AppleTV remote, and all was good. Thanks for the suggestion. 

0 Likes
Luch1
First Poster
Options

I did everything what’s in this thread. I called Samsung and it was something in my motherboard. Remotely they took over my tv and fixed this issue. Voilla fixed

0 Likes
A11ier
First Poster
Options

I had this happen yesterday.

it turned out the tv was fine the issue I was having was the Apple TV remote was constantly transmitting via I.R. It was easy to test just by covering the front of the remote. 
If this turns out to be your issue too you need to reset the Apple TV remote by press and hold the menu and volume down button for 5 seconds together.

good luck.

0 Likes
slrommel
First Poster
Options

I am hoping that this was my issue too!  Thank you for the post-it never crossed my mind that it may be my Apple TV remote.  I just tried a reset and knock on wood the issue stopped!