Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

samsung 8 series web browser

(Topic created on: 13-07-2020 08:04 PM)
Gregoris
Pioneer
Options

Hey all,

So I have had the samsung 8 series for some time now and I am finding that I dont like the wb browser.  Is there any way I can install chrome? I have to keep using airplay from my mac, but I would prefer to use the TV only if possible, but th browser is not great.

TIA

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gregoris wrote:

Hey all,

So I have had the samsung 8 series for some time now and I am finding that I dont like the wb browser.  Is there any way I can install chrome? I have to keep using airplay from my mac, but I would prefer to use the TV only if possible, but th browser is not great.

TIA

Hi @Gregoris  Unfortunately it is not possible to install another Web Browser directly on the TV, any Smart Tv Browser is more limited than a PC/Mac.  other than using Airplay,  casting or screen mirroring  alternative is to use a Media Streamer. However browsers on some of these will not be ideal either.

Some information here:  https://www.lifewire.com/Samsung Tv Browser and Alternatives 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gregoris wrote:

Hey all,

TIA

Hi @Gregoris  Unfortunately it is not possible to install another Web Browser directly on the TV, any Smart Tv Browser is more limited than a PC/Mac.  other than using Airplay,  casting or screen mirroring  alternative is to use a Media Streamer. However browsers on some of these will not be ideal either.

Some information here:  https://www.lifewire.com/Samsung Tv Browser and Alternatives 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Gregoris
Pioneer
Options

Hey,

Thank you for your reply.

I dont often need it and airplay is a good option as I can play home made videos dirctly on the TV and it skips a bit using the 5GHz frequency on my router.

The problem is that I watch the F1 and who knows when they will make a smart TV app, so I use the web browser and some of the video content refuses to go full screen mode and I then have to have my laptop plugged in non stop and control it from there, which is a pain. But using chrome from my laptop means it always works and goes into full screen mode.

Shame it cant be installed on the TV, but thanks for your help :smiling-face: