Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 65Q85R Screen flickering every minute on PS5 and other apps

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 09:33 AM)
RobinHood1
First Poster
Options

We noticed a few months ago, screen flickering like a strobe light when watching certain programmes, first notice on YouTube, then happening on Disney and Netflix and iPlayer.  Happens randomly.

I just bought my son a PS5 plugged into the one connect box, and now getting flickering at precisely one minute intervals.

I've googled, adjusted HDM cables, change 4k transfer rate to -1 and -2, dropped resolution to 1080p, turned off 120Hz.

Was still getting flickering.  Then I read it may have something to do with HDR and turned off HDR on PS5 - this worked for PS5 - however, now we have no HDR and games seem a bit on the dark side.

Was watching world cup football on iplayer in UHD - and we got flickering - switched over to the non-UHD and no flickering.  Noticed the UHD was in HDR - when pressing Home button, settings - picture showed HDR symbol.

Firmware is on 1401 - TV says no updates available.  Though I recall it did do any update a month or two back but didn't change the version number still 1401.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
There is definitely an issue with hdr and the one connect box this can be be delt with easily with a hdmi switcher
G G
0 Likes
RobinHood1
First Poster
Options

Thanks, but these are the built in apps, no external devices

0 Likes