Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung 65 q900r overheating One Connect Box

(Topic created on: 27-06-2020 07:36 PM)
anna2603
First Poster
Options
TV

Does the one connect box need ventilation ? I believe that the design of this unit is very unsuccessful in terms of heat dissipation. at a power of 60 watts in the case there are no ventilation holes or even legs. The TV works for me for 1 day and is already overheating.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
TV
@anna2603: When you install your TV and One Connect, maintain a distance of at least 10 cm between the TV and One Connect with other objects (walls, cabinet sides, etc.) to ensure proper ventilation.
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options
TV

I had a q900 series 55” and the screen and box were extremely extremely HOT. Lines started forming on TV and they could not repair so Samsung took TV back and gave me full credit. But get this...I just saw this article today:

Overheating LG OLED TV Concerns Spread To Europe And China

0 Likes
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options
TV

I bought a 4” fan with hdmi cable and plugged into one of the ports and fixed it to blow on the back of the TV where air slots are.....made a big difference in heat of box and screen. Lots cooler!!! Fan comes on when TV is turned on and goes off with a 20 second delay after TV is off. Got fan off Amazon. For those of you who find the screen extremely hot I would definitely use a fan to blow on the back of the TV where the vent slots are located.

tonysmithqpr
First Poster
Options
TV

I have had a Samsung 65” curved screen TV for 6 years. Very happy with it until recently. Been getting error message “cooling fan problem. TV will switch off shortly to prevent overheating”. After lots of calls to Samsung they referred me to local service centre as TV is out of warranty. Service centre not responding. After further research on line I tracked this back to the fan in the one connect box. I cleaned that out but problem still persisted. Then I moved box to a new location elevated from shelf so air could circulate underneath it. So far so good.

I like the idea of the one connect box and was thinking of upgrading to a new Samsung TV - but if this is a design problem I’m having second thoughts now.

0 Likes
Themilner
First Poster
Options
TV

Remove the plastic strip on top of tv

0 Likes