Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 55'' QN700A Neo QLED 8K Restarting every 3 minutes

(Topic created on: 08-02-2023 10:25 AM)
Dexter Olu
First Poster
Options
My Samsung QN700A 55 TV keeps shutting down and rebooting every 30 seconds.
I read online to do the following listed below, which I have done but no resolution.

1) I unplugged it, then wait 5 minutes and plugged.
2) I have long pressed the power button on my remote control for 2 minutes.
3) I have RESET the TV back to the factory setting but no solution.
4) The software is updated to version 2111.

Please I really need help as I like this Samsung QN700A TV more than any other product.
Samsung kindly assists and did not leave me in the problem.

Kind regards
Dexter Olu 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Dexter Olu   Can you remove your email and phone number (should not be posted publicly  in the forum due to privacy reasons)

Anyway firstly Go to setting-General-Smart Features.  Turn up Auto Run Smart Hub Auto Run Last app and any other option that may be available.

If this does not provide a solution try the following:

A soft Remote of the Tv  by pressing and holding the Power Button on a the smart Remote for around 5 seconds until the Tv Reboots (slightly different from the option you mentioned) if that does not work unplug  both Tv and router  for around a minute) Another option is  changing  the DNS Settings.  Go to  Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings.   Change from Automatic to   to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 (Google Serves) alternatively  208.67.222.222 or  208.67.220.220  (Open DNS)  Same information on DNS here https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers-2626062 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Dexter Olu 

Just to let you know, we've removed your contact number and email address for privacy reasons.

0 Likes
Coleman34
First Poster
Options

I have this evening started getting the exact same issue, the TV won’t stay on long enough to get into the settings, just keeps restarting, even with no external devices connected. The TV is just under 12 months old.

0 Likes
laacis2
First Poster
Options

Your TV is faulty. If you have warranty still, get Samsung to replace it for you, if no, you need to disable watchdog in Samsung service menu. For purposes, I cannot provide full tutorial on how to do it, but you can find help on Google. This may or may not help, but at least there's a chance. In reality reboots are caused by a manufacturing defect.

0 Likes
laacis2
First Poster
Options

It is a manufacturing defect. Get it replaced under warranty.

0 Likes