Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung 50" 6 Series - Missing bluetooth?

(Topic created on: 25-01-2017 10:14 AM)
anthonymcg
First Poster
Options

Hi folks,

I live in Ireland and bought a Samsung 50" 6 Series UHD HDR Smart TV in the sales over Christmas. The model number is UE50KU6020. The spec sheets seem to indicate it has Bluetooth (for connecting to headphones in my intended case) but having checked, I can't find out where and how to enable it. I'm running the latest firmware and have gone to Settings->Sound->Expert Settings but Wireless Speaker Manager is greyed out. When I try to click it into I'm told 'This function isn't available. Any ideas? I'd really like to get it going.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
Aaron
Apprentice
Options

I have the 55" model and have noticed the same thing. I just assumed it would connect to my Samsung sound bar but it does not appear to have sound connect. It is also an issue as i have wireless headphones which i have to connect to the optical out socket. Wish i would have realised this before i bought it. 

On top of that there is a noticeable electric hum which drives me round the bend when listening in the evening with low volume.

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

If the TV was advertised to have Bluetooth connectivity and doesnt Samsung are breaking advertising standards, get in touch with with advertising standards authority but be careful they can be pushy or go to citizens advice for a consumer solicitor.

G G
0 Likes
Aaron
Apprentice
Options

Well the spec states Multiroom Link Yes but TV SoundConnect N/A.  I just figured if it was a Smart TV it would have BT connectivity as standard.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi Anthony. :smileyhappy:

The technical info we've got at this end says that this model doesn't support Bluetooth connectivity in of itself. Are you able to post pics of the spec sheets you came across?

0 Likes
Aaron
Apprentice
Options
Aaron
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hijack the post but can you clarify what audio - multiroom link is?

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Cheers, and no worries @Aaron! :smileyhappy:

Multiroom Link means it can be set up on the Multiroom App. In this case it'd be with Wi-Fi.

'BT Headset Support N/A', and 'BT HID Built-in N/A', along with 'Samsung Smart Control (Included) N/A' (the Smart Remote works by Bluetooth) on the specs there indicates the lack of Bluetooth. 

Unsure if @anthonymcg has a different spec sheet though.

Jai_Skorpio
Student
Options

I have run into the same problem. I'm certain this model advertised Bluetooth functionality and came with a Bluetooth Smart remote and yet the remote refuses to pair and I can find no Bluetooth settings or controls in the tv menus. I'm very annoyed.

anthonymcg
First Poster
Options

Not 100% sure where I came across the reference to it having Bluetooth. It was on a review site but evidently must have been talking about a different model. I suppose I just expected it to have Bluetooth connectivity as standard. It's a 4K high end box so I didn't think it was something that would be omitted.

0 Likes