Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 4K TV Displays HDMI not connected

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 04:15 PM)
Shannon222
First Poster
Options

image.jpg

 I’ve been trying to hook up my Super Nintendo to a Samsung TV, and on the back of the TV it doesn’t support the composite AV cables. Long story short..I went out and bought a converter/adapter box that connects the HDMI to Composite AV cables which then connects that all to my Super Nintendo. I set it all up, went under the HDMI2 source button where everything I thought would be connected and showing blue check mark icon and also red power icon and says check the connection NO SIGNAL!! I’ve literally tried EVERYTHING and anything and this has been nothing but a process n been trying to figure out for couple weeks now and I can’t!! I’ve done literally everything.. changed HDMI cord, tried shutting rebooting factory resetting the TV watched many videos on YOUTUBE n searched the web for hours and at this point I’m beyond over this all!!! I even tried to call Samsung about this problem, waited on the phone for a while for them to tell me someone will call me back and finally they called me and the only thing I could understand was that they didn’t speak English and I hung up. All false hopes and I’m still trying to figure this out and I don’t know why!! ANYONE.. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! There has got to be a solution..there usually is to every problem!! Thanks 🙏 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Shannon222   I know you have tried another HDMI   cable but have you tried a port other than HDMI2 on your Tv?   Do you have any other Devices connected, though from the picture does not seem the case.  This would pinpoint if there is a specific issue with this port, or can you try another Device in HDMI2.   If other device works would suggest an issue with   Super Nintendo.   However may require different settings.  see these guides :  https://gametrog.com/how-to-hook-up-super-nintnedo-snes-using-hdmi-to-hdtv/ 

https://retrogamingcables.co.uk/How-to-hook-up-retro-consoles-to-High-Definition-TVs-via-HDMI 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
hdmi ports will not show a disply of less than 720p,nintendo are outputed at maybe 360
0 Likes