Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 4k TV Audio Cutting Out

(Topic created on: 21-02-2019 07:07 PM)
SalK
Student
Options

Hello,

I bought a brand new Samsung 4k UHD TV (Model: UE40NU7120) from Argos about 4 days ago and i'm having an issue with the sound cutting out. This issue occurs both over HDMI and when i connected my hitachi sound bar via digital optical cable (I have now disconnected the soundbar and I am using the TV speakers). After about 45 mins to 1 hour the sound just cuts out. The strange thing is when the sound cuts out the tv remote also stops working with the exception of the power button. I have to hold the power button on the remote for around 5 seconds which will turn the tv off and when i turn it back on the sound is back but after 45 mins the sound cuts out again. I've tried every fix available on the internet, i've done multiple factory resets, changed the sound options, i've done everything yet it is still happening. Posting on here is my last resort before taking the tv back for a refund. Can any body help? 

71 REPLIES 71
ralphebuoy
First Poster
Options

i have a similar problem, i have a samsung, 55" un55mu6500fxza i lose the sound intermittently, i have changed the directv genie box , replaced the hdmi with a new cable , switched the hdmi port , it starts with losing a word or two before i lose it completely, i have to switch to external bluetooth speaker, i have a firestick as well when the sound goes it does not matter the source, i am on pcm but the alternate is bitstream for audio input and dolby digital for audio output. i have reset the tv to factory defaults , i got a callback from samsung support, but they did all the previous stated troubleshooting steps as i did , they said they would send a tech out, the warranty has expired,so i had to cancel that with samsung but i have an extended warranty with walmart, after slogging through all the paperwork needed receipt etc.  but the guy said if he comes out and it's working he can't do anything, i had an appointment for friday the 22nd, the tv sound died waited all day no show, no call , a-1 quality service in stuart florida the tv is working now i have to hope it does not work if and when a tech does show up , i have to call them today and see what they say about missed appointment will update this post after that

0 Likes
AvidStreamer
Journeyman
Options

I also have an NU6950, same problem... sound cuts out a few minutes after turning on the TV, have to jump to another channel to get sound again, and jump back. Royal pain... how many users of this set experiencing this same problem do there have to be before Samsung will take it seriously and effect a fix??

0 Likes
AvidStreamer
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem with my NU6950 on Antenna... no cable box, no streaming device... straight antenna! So no, haven't tried replacing the cable box, because this issue is obviously inherent in the set.

AvidStreamer
Journeyman
Options

I've tried the previously posted recommended settings changes on my NU6950 set, to no avail. I still experience the audio problem. So much for for this set being a Consumer Reports "Best Buy". Perhaps Consumer Reports should be made aware of this, apparently quite common, problem.

0 Likes
Atl
Apprentice
Options

Apparently Samsung Community does not monitor responses. How can we change that. Too many similar problems with their TV. Talking to support is like talking to a brick wall.

0 Likes
Suzanne71
Journeyman
Options

I have the 6900 and the sound goes out and now today I can't seem to get it back on. I tried Samsung support and the insturctions I was given did nothing to fix the problem. Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Suzanne71
Journeyman
Options

I had a Samsung Sounbar hooked to mine. It started picking up sounds from my other TVs. I called Samsung, they told me to change the input setting on the Soundbar. I did that, it worked for less than a month and did not work anymore. I had to switch to the TV speakers. Then they started going out. I would turn the TV on and no sound. I would unplug it and  plug it badk and the sound would come on for about an hour, then go out again, same routine. Last week it started making a cracking pop noise and the sound would go out. Today (6-8-2020, it came on for about an hour then went off. I could not get it back on. I called Fry's to see what I should do. It is still under warranty.

0 Likes
Bigscrick
Apprentice
Options

What kind of soundbar? Sometimes when I press the up or something. Because I have the universal remote set up.  

My sound will go to like a different input of sorts. I have to go to the soundbar and cycle the input source for it to come back. Not sure what causes it. 

0 Likes
Alynnclark
Apprentice
Options
That’s terrible! My advice is don’t buy another Samsung tv. I won’t. Smh
0 Likes
Suzanne71
Journeyman
Options

Its a Samsung soundbar HW-J250

0 Likes