Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 4k TV Audio Cutting Out

(Topic created on: 21-02-2019 07:07 PM)
SalK
Student
Options

Hello,

I bought a brand new Samsung 4k UHD TV (Model: UE40NU7120) from Argos about 4 days ago and i'm having an issue with the sound cutting out. This issue occurs both over HDMI and when i connected my hitachi sound bar via digital optical cable (I have now disconnected the soundbar and I am using the TV speakers). After about 45 mins to 1 hour the sound just cuts out. The strange thing is when the sound cuts out the tv remote also stops working with the exception of the power button. I have to hold the power button on the remote for around 5 seconds which will turn the tv off and when i turn it back on the sound is back but after 45 mins the sound cuts out again. I've tried every fix available on the internet, i've done multiple factory resets, changed the sound options, i've done everything yet it is still happening. Posting on here is my last resort before taking the tv back for a refund. Can any body help? 

71 REPLIES 71
Patwhite1978
Journeyman
Options

Settings, sound, expert settings, HDMI input audio format,  PCM

0 Likes
Bigscrick
Apprentice
Options

Awesome. I hope we can help alot more people! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

0 Likes
Edgar66
Journeyman
Options

I have changed the setting to PCM.  Been about a week. 

Different situation occurs.   What happens now is that the sound will occasionally go into a stutter, mute briefly and come back.   

I  have no doubt that there is a problem with the sound circuitry.   I will never buy a Samsung again.

Edgar66
Journeyman
Options
Because Samsung is a bunch of dullards to put it nicely.
0 Likes
Bigscrick
Apprentice
Options

Mine had another setting after changing it to PCM. 

Dolby Digital compression. 

RF/Line.  

I have mine set on RF. Maybe try that setting. 

0 Likes
mpaoletti1
Journeyman
Options

Have not had time to play with the sound setting and really don't want to while we are literally stuck in the house. Not tech savvy so don't want to screw anything up.

However, In the last 6 weeks I'd say the stutter thing precedes the sound going out. It isn't that frequent and doesn't happen at all when streaming on Hulu, Netflix, Disney +.

Gonna leave well enough alone for now but expected better from Samsung.

Appreciate everyone's tips.

0 Likes
LaLa23
First Poster
Options

We turned of the Anynet and so far so good. Issue is gone. 

Settings/General/External Device Manger/Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) Off.

I hope this helps. 

Patwhite1978
Journeyman
Options

Well, after 2 weeks, the sound went out again. We couldn't get it to come back on again. There was no way we were going to wait a week for the repair man to come. Also,  the reviews on the repair company were not good.  So,  Costco agreed to take it back,  even though it has been more than 90 days.  Got a different brand. Won't buy another Samsung. Good luck all!

BillfromPerrysb
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
ralphebuoy
First Poster
Options

your recordings are on a hard drive in your dvr, if you replace the dvr you will lose what you have on that hard drive,unless there is a way of transferring the data to the cloud or another device

0 Likes