Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 4k TV Audio Cutting Out

(Topic created on: 26-06-2020 05:23 AM)
SalK
Student
Options

Hello,

I bought a brand new Samsung 4k UHD TV (Model: UE40NU7120) from Argos about 4 days ago and i'm having an issue with the sound cutting out. This issue occurs both over HDMI and when i connected my hitachi sound bar via digital optical cable (I have now disconnected the soundbar and I am using the TV speakers). After about 45 mins to 1 hour the sound just cuts out. The strange thing is when the sound cuts out the tv remote also stops working with the exception of the power button. I have to hold the power button on the remote for around 5 seconds which will turn the tv off and when i turn it back on the sound is back but after 45 mins the sound cuts out again. I've tried every fix available on the internet, i've done multiple factory resets, changed the sound options, i've done everything yet it is still happening. Posting on here is my last resort before taking the tv back for a refund. Can any body help? 

71 REPLIES 71
Atl
Apprentice
Options

Audio cut out intermittantly all day yesterday. Even 3 times during a DVR 30 min. recorded show. Starts out w/stuttering sound than audio drop out. Have to change channel and then go back.  Already did it 8 times this morning during 2 hours. While we are all discussing the frustration, trying to resolve w/cables, resetting audio and calling Samsung support; Samsung is NOT listening and apparently does not monitor the community feed. Seems they need to issue a recall on all TV sets bought between 2018 and 2020. They have an internal problem within their TV sets. Instead of all of us discussing the issue, why don't we use the power of strength and post our frustrations and perhaps help others and post on Facebook or any other social platform we use.  Perhaps Samsung will then start listening to us and issue a recall.  I plan to call them one last time today and will mention my suggestion of posting our frustrations on social media.

0 Likes
deeray
Apprentice
Options

Yes!  I'm so done with this issue and Samsung not addressing it! We need to put them on blast. Also, Best Buy sold me continues to sell this TV knowing the issues.

Maybe we need to send complaints to the BBB. They contact Samsung and the company has so many days to resolve. I will look to see how many complaints are already on there. 

0 Likes
Atl
Apprentice
Options

Now I am even more upset and plan to call Best Buy GM. How did you find out that Best Buy knows there is an issue with Samsung TV? We live in ATL so wonder if all the stores are aware or just your area. Yesterday the audio cutting out was ridiculous, several times an hour all day long. Relying on you for the BBB, don't know how it works.

0 Likes
Atl
Apprentice
Options
have an in home service repair for June 30. Spoke to someone in the Dom Republic yesterday who was working from home w/her kids yelling screaming in background. She couldn't even get our street address correctly, received confirmation on service request w/incorrect and partial address. Called back and was in the Phillipines this time. You can call but never be with anyone with English as their first language. Been to India Europe Dom Republic Phillipines and another country. Will never buy Samsung again, especially w/their lack of customer service.
0 Likes
N1vag
First Poster
Options

Too many posts on here to see if this problem had been given a solution but I have a possible one. I got a q80r the other month and all was fine. I then messed with some settings but then worked shifts so was told afterwards that the sound kept stuttering on various sources (dvd through a blu ray player, ps4 - most things except terrestrial tv). I then experienced it on my day off and it was very annoying! 

I found that turning off Dolby atmos in the sound settings sorted this problem completely (I don't think I have anything capable of playing Dolby atmos anyway so not sure why I turned it on in the first place).

I hope this helps someone else! 

0 Likes
Shanto1138
First Poster
Options

I purchased the NU6900 last Thanksgiving and have been having the audio issues from the beginning. Basically, watching anything connected via HDMI (DVR and Blu-ray player), I would hear tiny audio hits intermittently. This doesnt occur on anything that I stream (Netflix, HBO GO, etc.). These audio hits would be unable to replicate - they are totally random. I called Samsung support and of course they had no clue what I was talking about. They sent a guy, who was very nice and accomodating, and he immediately replaced the TV component in the back. Still, audio hits occurred. Called again, guy came back, made a software update, then came back the next day and made another one. Still, audio hits continue. I really didnt want to call Samsung back - at this point I felt they were useless. Then I remembered something... the first time the guy came, the TV wouldnt turn on. We unplugged it and plugged it in again and it worked. When he came back the second time, I asked him about the TV not turning on last time and he got on the phone with Samsung. After he got off, he basically said that if the TV doesnt turn on again, to press the power button and that refreshes the cache. These Smart TVs are basically computers, I guess. So when the TV cache gets full, there are problems. I gave it a shot in regards to the audio issue yesterday as the pops started occuring and lo and behold, there were no audio pops after I rebooted the TV. I binged a show and watched for about 4 -5 hours and I heard not one pop. Give it a shot - hold the power button for several seconds and wait for the "Samsung Smart TV" logo to come up. This will tell you that your TV has rebooted. You wont hear pops for several hours. You might have to do this once or twice a week, depending on how much TV you watch. What's really annoying is that I had to figure this out on my own. Samsung should know this and forward the info...

0 Likes
cminer72
Journeyman
Options

So if you're only using the tv speakers for sound.  You should be setting everything connected to it to PCM.  That's uncompressed stereo audio decoded by the origin device, not the TV.  You will not have problems if you use PCM.  If you are using a receiver or soundbar, you need to bitstream to get the higher res audio like Dolby Atmos.  I have been struggling for weeks with the 2020 QTV and Q Soundbar.  You'd think they would work together.  They don't.   If bitstream is run through the tv speakers, Atmos discs have audio drop outs.  I've also had drop outs on Atmos discs when running directly to the soundbar.  So it's either bad decoding that Samsung is using or there's a problem with eARC on their TVs.  You can't use Atmos from external devices on Samsung devices without dropouts.

AvidStreamer
Journeyman
Options

Uh... yes, the problem still exists with the sound set to PCM and using internal speakers. I have mine set that way, and have this sound cut out problem nearly every time I use the TV. About 3 - 5 minutes after power on, the sound stutters, and then goes mute. To get the sound to return, you have to switch to another channel and back... but what a pain in the *****!! Truly amazing that there isn't a class action law suit against Samsung for putting a clearly defective product out into the market. And continuing to sell it.

Suzanne71
Journeyman
Options

Maybe that's what they need to get it fixed or replaced. The repair people are sending a serviceman out to replace something. I don't have any idea what it is. They said that the repairman ordered a part and will set up an appointmen to come install it. 

Before the sound goes out it makes a pop cracking sound. One user  of this community said to hold the power button down until the logo or tv name appears. They said this reboots it. I do that and the audio comes back on.

0 Likes
Atl
Apprentice
Options

I just noticed that all these posts go to the eu.community.samsung.com forum that apparently they do not monitor. Technician was out today (still under warranty) and updated software. We shall see. While the tech. was here, neighbor came to get some lawn equip. He said they recently replaced their washer since the electronic panel went out, $500 repair for washer 7 yrs old. His daughter also had the same problem w/her Samsung washer. We both agreed to NEVER purchase another Samsung product until they address issues apparently extending beyong TV. Recently got a new side by side refrig., Samsung came up in product list, but what fool would order a refrigeration product labeled Samsung

0 Likes