Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 43NU7402 annoying repeated notification sound and speakers buzzing

(Topic created on: 01-01-2020 04:40 PM)
war4peace
First Poster
Options

Hi Community,

A few days ago I rescanned all Live TV channels on my Samsung 43NU7402 TV and since then, while watching live TV, a notification sound pops up randomly for no reason. It happens every 10-15 minutes, but sometimes as often as every couple minutes. There is no message on screen, no other visual cue on what is actually happening to geenrate that notification sound.

This only happens while TV is in Live TV / Terrestrial mode. HDMI PC connection doesn't generate the notification sound, neither oes watching videos through PLEX.

It is very annoying and as mentioned above, it only started happening after doing a full channel rescan.

Another annoying issue is the TV speakers enclosure resonating at certain sound frequencies, this happened since day 1 but I so far didn't want to send the TV to warranty. However with this notification sound issue happening as of late, I have decided to fix both issues if possible or send the TV back if not.

So any idea what's causing the notification sounds or whather I could havbe that resonance buzzing sound fixed? Thank you in advance for your responses!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @war4peace! Are you still having issues with this? Try restarting the TV to see if it helps: unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on.

0 Likes
war4peace
First Poster
Options

The buzzing remains, the notification was, after I investigated, happening on one channel only for some reason (AXN if it helps), still does, especially during commercials, which is really weird.

0 Likes