Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 43" UHD TV 8500 - Switching between satellite and terrestrial channels?

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 09:30 AM)
cloggaireland
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

We have a Samsung 43" UHD (UE 43TV 8500V). My parents are both elderly and its become a major problem for them to move between the terrestrial channel list and the satellite channel list. For a simple description, their two favourite channels are  Channel No1 on the terrestrial channel list and Channel No1 on Satellite channel list. On all our previous TVs you could just tune these channels side by side on the same channel list and it was simple to flick between both. Literally one button press on the remote control.

With this Samsung tv, its a number of remote control commands to get between the two channels.

The remote control commands are as follows: 'Chnl-List' -> Left -> Up -> 'Enter' -> select 'Terrestrial'/'Satellite' -> enter ->exit. (that is 6 or 7 presses just to go between one channel and the other).

I really can't believe that Samsung would make it that difficult. Our last tv receiver allowed for mix-and-match list of channels.   So my question is their an easier way/shortcut to toggle between the two lists??

It is very difficult for my parents to use the remote as they have bad eyesight.  Surely Samsung have better GUI designers as there is a lot of redundant buttons on the remote that are never used.

thanks for your help in advance, the picture quality on the TV is brilliant.

eoin

8 REPLIES 8
Alen9
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my parents.... They can’t handle this switching and they have favorite programs on terrestial and satellite channels... on old TV there was no such issue... I cant believe that Samsung did it this way... Did you find any solution?

0 Likes
Members_10J7XRM
First Poster
Options

Hi

I live in Ireland and just bought the same TV

I cannot believe that Samsung has made this so difficult to switch

Can you use Bixby to do it ?

Dan

0 Likes
cloggaireland
Apprentice
Options

Sorry for the delay.. Unfortunately got no solution yet! I really hope Samsung do something about it, you would think it could be done remotely with a software update, i cant see how its such a problem to mix channels on list terrestrial/Satellite. Seemingly they had it a few years ago until an update removed it 

0 Likes
cloggaireland
Apprentice
Options

Hi.. Unfortunately Samsung never responded to me. I didn't try Bixby as my parents don't have Smart phones. I did try macros, which are automatic switching on a tablet, but it was just too annoying also. 

I'm just shocked that an interface could be designed so poorly. Very linear without testing in ' a real world' scenario. Every other satellite receiver box /tv I've used has been able to have channels mixed. Seemingly, Samsung had the option to mix terrestrial/satellite on their 'favourites' channel list but this got changed in a update some years ago. 

0 Likes
Marcospam
Apprentice
Options

Did you guys find a solution?

I'm experiencing the same issue.

0 Likes
cloggaireland
Apprentice
Options

No we didn't !!! Samsung have not got back to us either. They have updated the TV list with their new internet tv channels but still have not rectified the mixing of terrestrial and satellite channels . still driving us mad unfortunately . 

0 Likes
Saeed868
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I Had the same issue with my Samsung TV and find the solution and I wanted to help anybody searching for

switching between Satellite and Terrestrial channels on Samsung TV

you simply need to hold the "channel changing" button (not press once, HOLD it) it opens another channel list menu that allows you to swtich between Satellite and Terrestrial Channels

Good Luch everybody.

(1)
andrellina
Journeyman
Options

I have a similar issue with my Q60B.

I would like Samsung to help me with this problem as I am very dissatisfied

0 Likes