Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 43" Smart UHD TV - Black (UN43NU7100) Half screen is black

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 07:08 PM)
denisrandall
Apprentice
Options

I've seen this same issue on this community list. Looks like it's an issue that Samsung is willing to fix.  Does anyone have experience whether or not they will pay for all the repair and parts? The tv is two years old.IMG_4737.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @denisrandall 

That's not what we like to see. Is this the same on all channels/sources? Also, could you run a Picture Test for us please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Device Care > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test. Does the same issue show there?

0 Likes
denisrandall
Apprentice
Options

Hey Chris M... What you suggested was not the issue. We had to call customer service, and after quite a long conversation with a rep, a supervisor, and finally another rep, Samsung agreed to send a service person to our house to solve the problem. Turns out this tv was defective and half the screen light was out. This service was FREE OF CHARGE, so anyone else that has the same issue should not pay for any parts, labor, or service call. Thanks.

Aog
First Poster
Options

Hi @denisrandall... got my 55inch smart tv mjune of 2019.. and early this month it started to have shadows on it and eventually it is now same as what happened to your. I went to the samsung service center and they are asking me to pay almost 15k for the led panel replacement with labor fee. I was very hesitant as it has not been damaged by us. I think its not fair to pay another 15k for a 50kphp tv which is 2 yrs old!  

I was even told that power interruptions may have caused the issue which i firmly refuse to believe.. we have jvc and lg at home too which are older and cheaper than my samsung one..  but this has never happened.

0 Likes
hdw2021
First Poster
Options

my grandmmother and grandfather tv is exactly like this could someone from samsung please help them fix this there number is ***** and are in hawks bay napier

0 Likes
hdw2021
First Poster
Options

do you have there number

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

We've deleted the number from your message for personal security.

We see you are in New Zealand. You're currently on the Community for Samsung UK. You can find the contact details for Samsung in New Zealand here: https://www.samsung.com/nz/support/contact/

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
denisrandall
Apprentice
Options

You deleted my entire reply...not just the phone number.I am NOT located in New Zealand, I'm in the US. The number I posted is the Samsung customer service number that anyone can find, so not sure what personal security you're referring to.... 800-726-7864    https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
Spellslayer
First Poster
Options

Is there a resolution for this problem? My TV just started doing this. It's not even 2 years old. I contacted Samsung support and was told that I would have to bring it to a subcontractor 2 states away and pay $175 just to have someone look at it.

0 Likes
SWheel
First Poster
Options

Hey, I know this is late but it could be the led strips. I just replaced my strips and it fixed the problem.

0 Likes