Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 32 inch TV T5300 - No Bluetooth in 2021 is a joke

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 08:10 PM)
tsukhija
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I ditched other brands and just bought Samsung 32 inch TV T5300 for my loghouse with the thought that it will be a good addition and easy to use with good audio.  I have to say it is a shock to find that the TV does not even support Bluetooth audio, has no audio jack.  There is no way for me to connect a bluetooth speaker or bluetooth headset.

I highlighted the issue to Samsung support given that I have just bought it 2 days back and if I can return it.  They say that I can but only to find that the retailer will not take the product.  It is a joke that after ditching other brands, I have a TV with half features and no accountability from Samsung.

Any suggestions from Samsung or anyway to connect Bluetooth speaker / headset will be much appreciated.

#bluetooth #samsung #T5300

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Yes i think you will need a Bluetooth hdmi/usb dongle to connect with your TV.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tsukhija: I've had a look into this for you, and the user manual does make reference to Bluetooth connectivity. Try heading to Home > Source > Connection Guide > Audio Device > Bluetooth, for further instructions on how to connect your headphones. Alternatively, head to Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List, place your headphones in pairing mode, and select them from the list of available connections. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
tsukhija
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your note. I have double checked the TV settings and it surely does not have any bluetooth although does show Wifi connectivity.  Please find the screenshots attached.  The exact model of the TV is UE32T5300CKXXU.

Can you please advise where you read regarding bluetooth connectivity?

20211123_170910.jpg20211123_170921.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tsukhija: I referred to the user manual on our support page, however the information does seem to conflict with the screenshots you have posted above. While in Settings > Sound, if you select 'Sound Output - TV Speaker', does it offer any Bluetooth options? 

32" T5300 Full HD HDR Smart TV | Samsung Support UK

0 Likes
tsukhija
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew,

Nope.  The only options are TV speaker and digital out.  I am now looking for digital out to bluetooth connectivity options which will be a patch job for a brand new TV and I am not even sure of the sound quality that I will achieve.  Hence, my frustration with this TV model.

0 Likes
McTaSs
Apprentice
Options

Do you have any news?

I bought this TV for a present. I was advised by the store it had bluetooth. That's sure a big joke having bluetooth only on paper. 

tsukhija
Apprentice
Options

No real update at all.  I bought this TV after leaving other options that all include Bluetooth as default with the view that it will be seamless integration with my Samsung tablet and phone and bluetooth is standard in devices.  After no real response on this community, I contacted Samsung helpdesk who advised me to return the TV but retailer says they do not accept any return of TV.  It is shambolic to be forcing end user to stick to a product that is sold with misleading features.  If you have not opened the product, you should return it.  

DJ Clark
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew,

What is Samsung going to do about  this brand-eroding mistake? There is no way to describe this than an embarrassing mistake for a new TV in the 2020s. The Samsung TV I bought in 2008 supported Bluetooth. I have only owned Samsung TVs since. Why 15 years later would a “smart” tv not include support for Bluetooth?

Again, what will Samsung do to fix this problem? 

thx!

0 Likes
Patsi1
First Poster
Options

Hi there I have the same model and experienced the same issues, you will need to visit the Service Settings.

check the previous similar issues:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/bluetooth-setting-disappeared/td-p/944015

0 Likes