Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 2020 TV Tidal App Issue

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 02:27 AM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The app installs fine, I login in using the code on my mobile, thereafter it all works fine, but when I close the app, turn the TV off, the app starts fine but nothing plays, the play icons circle just keeps spinning.

Tried numerous logout, uninstall, reinstall and the same issue.

Only solution is to install, login to the app each time !!!!
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
23 REPLIES 23
Juanmathenoose
Student
Options

Hi. Same problem. Any suggestions?

Spatchelor
First Poster
Options

Yeah same issue on both my q80t & ru8000. 

I have tried the full reinstall and changing between wifi and ethernet but nothing works.

I have contacted tidal, but they were pretty hopeless. They just claimed it's know issue and they are working on it.🤷

Appears deezer may have the same problem as too, and from what I understand samsung primarily develops the app for them.

Pretty much ready to dump my subs for both services and hang out for the other services to supply FLAC and atmos. 

digilogman
First Poster
Options

Same here. Any updates? 

wotto
First Poster
Options

I found that if you start the Samsung Tidal app and try to play a video first it does not work and the icon just spins for ever.  But if you start and play just music  first and then play a video it works fine.   It is definitely a bug in the Tidal app as it happens on 2 newish Samsung TVs that I have used.

Juanmathenoose
Student
Options

thanks so much!! finally a solution, it worked perfectly!
cant belive that samsung doesent fix it.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes I always play an audio only track first, only until it starts and then swap to videos, shame Samsung TV Tidal app does not support Dolby Atmos

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Aidenpearce
First Poster
Options

1st March 2022. Using Samsung Q60T. Still Tidal app videos not working the bug is not solved what the hell is going with samsung idk they don’t support dolby atmos and master quality audio on tidal. Did anyone else find any solution?

Frisbee22
First Poster
Options

You made my day

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Best to play an audio track first, then a video, I've just got used to the workaround