Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 2020 TU7020 55” TV connect to Alexa and smart things app on mobile

(Topic created on: 28-12-2020 03:23 PM)
Christina25
First Poster
Options

Help please! It says I can connect Alexa to my TV but how do you do this as it has no Bluetooth ?

I am also trying to connect my TV to smart things app on my iPhone and it won’t discover the device? I presume due to the TV having no Bluetooth ? When I click through the list it doesn’t discover either.

thank you in advance ! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
simonw74
First Poster
Options
How to connect your Samsung smart TV to Alexa

Step 1: Set up your devices.

First, make sure that both your Samsung TV and your Amazon Alexa device are set up and functioning. Once you complete the initial setup on the TV and the Alexa device, you'll need to make sure that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.

MORE: The Best Products That Work With Amazon Alexa

If you haven't yet, you'll also need to set up the TV as a Thing (smart device) in the SmartThings app. To do this, simply sign in to your Samsung account on the TV.

Step 2: Prepare the apps.

You'll also need to get your phone ready to coordinate these two devices. If you haven't yet, download both the Samsung SmartThings app (available for iOS and Android) and the Amazon Alexa app (also for iOS or Android).

And if you're unsure of how to use Amazon's voice assistant app, check out our guides for using Alexa on your Android phone or using Alexa on your iPhone

Make sure that you log in to both apps with the same account information you used for your TV's Samsung account and your Echo's Amazon account.

Step 3: Discover your TV in the SmartThings app.

First, you'll need to discover your Samsung TV in the Samsung SmartThings app, which lets you treat it as a basic connected smart device when connecting it to your Alexa speake

To do this, go to the Devices menu, found on the bottom menu of the app.

On the Devices page, select the Add Device option. With the TV powered on, it should be easy to find your device in the list.

Once you've enabled the Samsung SmartThings skill — which should automatically pair Alexa to the TV — you're all done. Congratulations, you just connected your your Samsung smart TV to Alexa!

You can now use your Alexa smart speaker to turn the TV on and off, change the channel or input, adjust the volume and even control media playback with basic controls like fast forward, rewind, pause and play.

hope this helps

Simon

0 Likes
ukgnome
First Poster
Options

I cant find a smart things app. if I type smartthings in playstore I get

Samsung Smart Home - says it doesnt work with TV

Smart Things Samsung Smart TV  - but by a company called Vulcan

so what is the APP i need to use

0 Likes
RSLA
Explorer
Options

Unsure ref setup. Can Google also handshake in similar way via "hey Google?"

0 Likes
Mary115
Student
Options

I have followed all the steps outlined above and enabled it successfully, but when I ask Alexa to turn on the TV it still says it is unresponsive. Please advise what else I can do it should work but it is not

0 Likes