Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 03:49 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

Go to solution
477 REPLIES 477
Rev007
Explorer
Options

If you are in uk ,just Google Samsung firmware uk.then follow to where you put your tv details in .then download  firmware on to USB, or you will have to wait til it comes straight  to tv.also on tv make sure you have all motion settings off ,and eco settings off .these cause stutter,also try it in game mode if that fails .

0 Likes
Frustrated18908
Student
Options

Does anyone know if NEW Samsung TV's have this firmware included?  (And if that fixes the problem?)

0 Likes
Johane77
First Poster
Options

I can sadly inform that I have same issue when running Apple TV 4k into the QN95B. Reset, change of resolution etc etc, all is tested. Built in apps seems to be ok. PS5 is working fine.

Running “Run this test now” on Apple TV YouTube is terrible. Lot of stuttering and motion pauses. No problem at all with ps5 running same motion test video.

anyone heard about this issue with this model before. 

Can get mine replaced, but reading this makes me believe I have same issue as on 2020 models…

Any suggestions is appreciated!

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

Best advice Johane is to put the experience behind you and return it for a refund, Samsung will fob you off indefinitely and hope you accept the situation ... get rid and buy an equivalent Sony, I have had zero issues with mine to date.

0 Likes
Rev007
Explorer
Options
Have you tried the settings on the apple tv ,as in the frame rate ,resolution🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
dave42358
Journeyman
Options

Well having read about rhe 2200 firmware update solving this issue I was really looking forward to trying it. My TV has been in storage for 18 months and I have just recommissioned it. It has now updated to firmware 2401.

Very disappointed to see that it has not solved my issue.

Perhaps my issue is slightly different from the one most people have reported as fixed. My issue is that with "Picture Clarity Settings" either set to "Auto", or "Custom" with a high "Judder Reduction" setting, it does a good job of smoothing out juddery panning shots. The side effect is that you often get very annoying errors and artefacts with other types of movement. I was really hoping this feature would be fixed but alas no.

So like most others I have turned it off and will just have to live with juddery panning. I wonder if their later sets or other makes do a better job with this kind of smoothing?

0 Likes
Sam Hudson
First Poster
Options

Im having this problem still. Samsung say it’s not a problem 

0 Likes
Rev007
Explorer
Options
Turn all eco settings off,and picture clarity off .intelligent mode off ,this should get rid of judder. If botbonly other way is to use game mode .with driver set to 0,0 .
If you have a 49 inch screen, then you have to put in movie mode then change it to natural then back to movie mode ,this gets rid of judder bug ,you only need to do this once a day .
Samsung always say there's nothing wrong !!!.then bring a fix out 🤣🤣🤣.hope this helps you
0 Likes