Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 03:49 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

Go to solution
477 REPLIES 477
Rev007
Explorer
Options

It all depends on your room conditions  ,screen ...also personal choices.most  say movie mode is best to use .all motion off ,eco settings off .I turn my movie settings brightness up a few clicks .

0 Likes
user2000
Explorer
Options

Good news to everyone that persevered, if indeed it is actually fixed (and not fudged).

For me however I'm afraid I will never buy another Samsung TV again after this debacle.  The quality has really gone downhill over the years, had one before that with a nasty DSE.

Got mine refunded from Argos last year and been happy with my new Sony XH9096 since.  It's not without it's own faults, but certainly no absolutely unbearable 50Hz judder.  Also as I was sitting on the 85" the choice at that size is fairly limited.

0 Likes
Aleksandar21
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my Q70a, on the site there is no firmware update for my model, any ideas on what should I do?

0 Likes
JP55
First Poster
Options

I still have that problem - of course Samsung told me not to listen to folks in this thread and there is no such 2200 update!  I told them my firmware version is later than the update on the Samsung site - they told me I was wrong.  At this point I'm waiting for the next auto update that is past 2200!!!!  Sad but true.

0 Likes
taltalon
First Poster
Options

I can confirm this as well ! - i had issues with this stutter with the Q90T 75" and apple tv 4k 2021 - all screensavers aerials where stuttering no matter what i did. apple tv wise or the TV motion settings were. Now this is fixed! - no stutter.  i am using movie mode. Picture quality/clarity settings are off completely/disabled. works very well!!! i am in shock. 9 months have passed since i complained about it on reddit forums to no avail...

0 Likes
JeeGee
Journeyman
Options

Could you or someone else explain what was happening with which settings and what is fixed now? I have a 55Q90T and everywhere I have to set things to UHD60Hz(59,8). While I live in EU. With 50Hz, there is terrible stutter with almost everything. 

I recently got an Apple TV 4k and here I had to set it to 60Hz also. Just tried to set it to 50, but still not able to watch movies.

0 Likes
Rev007
Explorer
Options
You have to download the latest version of firmware to USB then apply to tv .then make sure you turn off all eco settings and turn of motion settings .movie mode is best mode but people have there own preferences. You may have to do these settings in hdr settings as well .
0 Likes
Rev007
Explorer
Options
You need to download new firmware on to USB then add to tv .turn all eco settings off ,then turn motion clarity off ,put movie mode 👌
0 Likes
Barry1951
First Poster
Options

Can I install 2200.9 on my new Q70A 65” TV using a USB?

0 Likes
mijoho
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung - 75" Class Q80A Series QLED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV and the picture judder is terrible. Will this firmware fix that? If so, how do I get it

0 Likes