Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 03:49 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

Go to solution
477 REPLIES 477
dave42358
Journeyman
Options

Can I ask a favour?

Both of those who are still suffering with Q90Ts and also those who have replaced their TVs with different brand/model.

Can you please try the following section of a documentary on NetFlix called "Black Holes, the edge of all we know". Play it from 29:15.
On my TV the black lines are shimmering, distorted and flickering as it zooms out. (as seen in attached video)

It would be interesting to know if all Q90T owners see the same thing, and it would also be interesting to know if the TVs that people replaced with Q90Ts with handle it better.

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

Sorry can't help, I don't have Netflix  ... but can say with certainty that I have zero issues with my Sony TV on anything viewed on Amazon Prime, terrestrial TV, Blu- Ray or PS4 ... everything works right down to the Sony remote linking the HDMI control for the Denon AV Amp and Manhatten PVR ... one touch and it all switches on or off.

It' certainly knocked my confidence when landed with the piece of junk known as Q85T and sounds like you're in the same boat ... the 2020 Samsung Q range is never going to work ... the Sony works straight out of the box, no head scratching or complex setting up, just plug in and play.

Take them to court, get your money back and put it behind you.

0 Likes
Frustrated18908
Student
Options

I had the same issues. Had Samsung tech on the phone a couple of times, couldn't figure it out. Football, baseball were unwatchable. I had to return the TV. It's sad, because the picture was great otherwise. I hope Samsung acknowledges the problem going forward, because unless they acknowledge they fix it, I won't trust them again.  

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

Hi Frustrated ... after being told by a senior executive that my Q85 was working exactly to specification then I can say with certainty that I will never buy another Samsung, just relieved that I pursued my return and bought a TV that works as it should.

0 Likes
dave42358
Journeyman
Options

Yes their response "your TV is working within specification" seems to be their standard catch-all fob off response!

Strange though, as when I was researching my TV before purchase, I don't remember seeing in the specification sheet that the movement processing was a juddery, flickery mess with errors and artefacts!

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

Well said Dave ... no mention anywhere and weird that the issues were never experienced by any of  the 'independent' YouTube reviewers.

0 Likes
dave42358
Journeyman
Options

I read a lot of reviews, as any AV enthusiast would before a purchase like this, and I didn't read anything about the shatteringly poor movement processing. How can it have gone unnoticed by all those highly technical reviewers?

Next time I buy a TV (which will hopefully be soon if I can get a refund) I will specifically test the footage that upsets by Q90T in the shop before buying.

0 Likes
dave42358
Journeyman
Options

New firmware for the Q90T guys:-

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE65Q90TATXXU/#downloads

The bad news is zero improvement to the terrible motion processing.  I doubt anyone on this forum is surprised. 

0 Likes
Frustrated18908
Student
Options

Just to confirm, after this new update, the problem still exists?

0 Likes
dave42358
Journeyman
Options

I thought I made that clear but to confirm, no improvement in motion processing. I tried the same test footage that I've used all along.

To be honest I have no idea what the firmware does. I can't find any release notes for it.

0 Likes