Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 18-06-2021 02:12 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
dave42358
Journeyman
Options

I have just updated my Q90T to the new firmware (2014) downloaded from the website.

I have always wondered why they don't make the new firmware available for the TV to auto download. Why should we need to do this manually?

Anyway, crucially, ZERO difference to the motion processing problem.

I'm "this close" to requesting a refund on this TV now but I will wait for Samsung to respond to the message I sent them yesterday.

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

Hi Dave, you might get an even quicker response if you email the CEO of Samsung UK at this address:

I had a response from their 'Senior Customer Services Executive' within a matter of hours and am hopeful of an honest answer.

This thread has been going for almost a year now and believe that if it was a simple fix then it would have been done by now ... Samsung have access to this forum and must have read about the issues ... along with the direct feedback from customers and retailers ... have you read anywhere that this latest update is specifically for the stuttering issues, maybe unlikely if Samsung don't acknowledge that it is their problem.

It's a difficult decision to make when or if you reject as all the different brands would seem to have problems of one kind or another. Six weeks was long enough for me  and quite happy to switch on the old TV for now and forget about endless resets and workarounds.

Is Samsung even looking for a fix ... especially when they are more or less telling everyone there isn't a problem, final nail in the coffin for me and many others.

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

Email blanked out for CEO Samsung UK in my last upload for some reason:

uk dot president at samsung dot com

0 Likes
monacoville
First Poster
Options

Also, local dimming in game mode is still broken. But hey, subs are great on Disney+

Another non-event firmware.

0 Likes
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

That’s annoying the local dimming still hasn’t been fixed in game mode and I understand the HDR is still dimming in normal mode on certain content. Don’t understand why these Tvs have so many faults. Not for a premium brand anyway. 

0 Likes
Rev007
Explorer
Options

I have been chasing them via email phone calls live chat.they just fobe you off!.I sent emails to ceo and got court action threats of them if I pursue  it.its a know problem but they carnt  admit it !!.dont think it will be fixed.i even bombarded twitter ,they kept offering  to help ,just went  in circles  all the time .just get your money back if you can .they are worst customer  care  I have ever dealt with .I bought 2 of these tvs for over 3 grand 😡😡😡😡🤬🤦‍♂️

0 Likes
dave42358
Journeyman
Options

They threatened you with court action? Wow!

I think I agree that it won't be fixed now.

Perhaps it can't be fixed in firmware and if so they don't want to invest in producing a new board for them due to the cost.

I have to call Samsung now actually as they called me over the weekend and I missed it.  I wonder what will happen?...

0 Likes
dave42358
Journeyman
Options

Well I had a fairly pointless call with Samsung. Most of the call I really struggled to understand what the lady was saying, but I did glean that my issue is being "escalated".

They are really going to have to work hard now to avoid me seeking a refund.

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

Hi Dave .... by escalated do they mean 'forwarded to the head of technical department' ... I'm still waiting for a reply from them but, as many have said, they are denying any knowledge and if that's the case they won't be looking for a fix ... I wouldn't buy another Samsung until they can guarantee that this and the other problems are solved ... until then my refund is safely back in the bank.

0 Likes
user2000
Explorer
Options

So my second Q80T 85" is going back to Argos next week for a full refund (see page 31).

I decided against the LG NANO for various reasons (IPS panel being one, fear of blooming being another, and, well, it just wasn't in stock anywhere really).

Went for the Sony 85 Inch KE85XH9096BU.  At least I know what I'm in for there.

Stick to your guns everybody, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 is on your side (in the UK), especially in the first 6 months.

Remember the problems aren't just limited to the juddering.  There's the eARC that doesn't work to the advertised specification as well.

And always, ALWAYS, pay direct by credit card for the extra protection offered by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

GL everyone.  I am DONE with Samsung after this and will tell everyone and anyone I can.