Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 08-03-2021 04:00 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
LEESTAR
Explorer
Options

That’s all I want is for him to admit it’s broken. Did Samsung’s resolution team then contact you and ask if you wanted a replacement or refund? Also when you returned the tv did Samsung pick it up or did you have to send it back to the seller you purchased it from ?

0 Likes
monacoville
First Poster
Options

I get the same frame drops watching Now TV on the inbuilt app. When i use the Now TV app on my gaming pc it runs perfectly with no frame drops. So the TV is capable of doing what it's supposed to but clearly, there is a processing issue with its own app and Freesat. It's a waiting game with the looks of it until they patch it (which they probably will as they are getting paid to these things on). Thankfully though it's not a hardware issue.

0 Likes
DaneB
Journeyman
Options

@all The new firmware is present for EU, 1497. However, I have installed and still frame dropping present. So disappointed! But without note, I can only guess what this firmware did and of course, there are no notes about the latest version!

0 Likes
SteveGP
Student
Options

I bought two new Samsung model T TVs - 65" and 49" - in January and have nothing but problems with picture fluidity where movement is involved - e.g. football. I have tried everything including upgrading SKY kit after Samsung told me their diagnostic tests showed there was nothing wrong with my TVs. I have now taken the nuclear option and will be returning them to my retailer (John Lewis) and choosing another brand instead. Adios Samsung...

shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Good on you, they are blatant liars and released the 2020 series knowing that they were unfit for purpose, likewise I shall never purchase anything manfactured or business related to Samsung they are a damned disgrace, went tor a Sony, simply fantastic !, perhaps Samsung need to ask Sony for some help !

0 Likes
user2000
Explorer
Options

USELESS!

Totally useless Samsung - I just installed the LONG AWAITED firmware update, 1497, and to my utter disappointment it is utter garbage.

Fixes NOTHING.

I will now start the process of filling Argos in on this pitiful excuse for a television with a view to getting my hard earned cash back after the mandatory repair "attempt" is botched.

I work in I.T. support and deal with monitors every day - of course the TV is nothing more than a glorified large monitor, so good luck trying to pull the wool over my eyes with all the guff I read about engineers saying it is working "to spec".  Pffft.

As I said earlier, I have a vast array of Samsung products, so many that I forgot to even mention a few.

But no more.  How can I ever trust a company again that treats its customers with such disdain?

shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Yes get rid of the damned things, Samsung know what the issue is there is no doubt they just carry on with the same BS, pathetic and sad really, such a relief to get mine out of my living room and good riddance to it, pile of rubbish...good luck to you !

0 Likes
LEESTAR
Explorer
Options

Engineer has just been, I’m fuming with the lack of knowledge from this guy. Wouldn’t even admit seeing the juddering, it happened so many times too. 

Luckily for me I have inverted colours when I switch game motion plus off so he couldn’t deny something was wrong!! Anyway he has opted to change the motherboard (shock) 

Am I right in thinking that when this doesn’t fix it I have given Samsung their chance of repairing it, meaning I would have the option of replacement or refund? 

0 Likes
user2000
Explorer
Options

Typical!  I have around one month for them to magic up this cure all firmware before I start kicking up a stink.

If under 6 months old and you are in the UK, correct.

One failed repair equals a refund if you want.

No getting out of it, it's right there in the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act-aKJYx8n5KiSl

"If you discover the fault within the first six months of having the product, it is presumed to have been there since the time you took ownership of it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise.

During this time, it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there when you bought it - it's not up to you to prove that it was.

If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund, or price reduction if you wish to keep the product.

The retailer can't make any deductions from your refund in the first six months following an unsuccessful attempt at repair or replacement."

If you bought with a credit card you can rope your provider into sharing the blame under Section 75 rules.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act-aZCUb9i8Kwf...

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

When I owned a Samsung I went through the same scenario Motherboard changed,  power board changed, made no difference whatsoever, it's their rubbish software, save yourself the stress by getting rid of the damned thing and get another make, I went for Sony, a little expensive but worth every penny. These third party Engineers don't have a clue, they just swap boards out ! and make a fortune out of Samsung, as for Samsung, a hopeless cause !!!!!

0 Likes