Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 04:34 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
Roo21
Pioneer
Options

Try

Blur 4

Judder 9

LED clear motion, Noise reduction both off

And BT to -1

Till Samsung does something about this.

0 Likes
Roo21
Pioneer
Options

100% agreed this works 

It's not perfect but it's good enough

Try

Blur 4

Judder 9

LED clear motion, Noise reduction both off

And BT to -1

Hopefully Samsung will fix it totally soon

0 Likes
Naafets88
First Poster
Options

I'm currently at my 3th Q95T in a month.

The first one had quote some issues with DSE and judder.

Second one had a real smooth screen, no issues with DSE, but some dead noticable pixels in the right upper screen + back panel wasn't attached well.

3th one has no issues with DSE, but the juddering is here once again and it's annoying the hell out of me. 

In the meanwhile I've resetted the TV 3 times and now it's a bit better. This afternoon I'll do some more tests and see if I'll keep the TV or not.

It's quite sad to read about this issues all over the internet. When checking for reviews never noticed issues about it.

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Drop it it's unfit for purpose, get a Sony, expensive but worth every penny and problem free !

0 Likes
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options
LEESTAR
Explorer
Options

With pleasure..

0 Likes
user2000
Explorer
Options

Adding another voice here.

I've owned about half a dozen Samsung TV's in the last decade and I've never come across one so bad as the 2020 model.

I "thought" I was getting myself an upgrade when I purchased my QE85Q80T but no, it is a disaster with this 50hz judder problem with OTA broadcasts.

The sheer audacity of Samsung to ignore this issue is astonishing.

I hold out hope that the magical firmware update will arrive, but I can tell you that, being in the UK, I will suffer until just before 6 months so I can go through the rigmarole of having a "repair" carried out, that will obviously fail, and then I can get my money back.

Not that I want to, I like the TV otherwise, most content plays back just fine, plus there is also the small matter that I got this model pretty cheapish, £2499 from Argos just before Xmas when their website had a brain freeze and offered it for that price.

There's also the small matter of eArc not passing through the PS5 audio properly, again, another excuse to have the TV returned.

DSE I can live with I suppose, but it's not ideal.

Got to say, this could be my LAST Samsung TV (or Samsung ANYTHING - we have a couple of high end phones, washing machine, even treated myself to an Odyssey G9 which thankfully had it's own issues sorted fairly quickly) due to this burying the head in the sand situation.

If I don't have any luck with Argos, then it'll be the old Section 75 on the credit card.  As someone who works in I.T. troubleshooting it's going to be a fairly trivial matter to demonstrate that this is an inherent fault.

Reading elsewhere, AV Forums, HotUKDeals etc, it would seem they are on the big fob off, trying to say this judder is some kind of "feature" of LED TV's - what tosh, as I said my last models never suffered this:  UE43RU7400 - UE75NU8000 - UE75MU8000 - UE65KU6400 - UE65H6400

I could go further back, but not ONE of those TV's had this woeful judder making broadcast TV unwatchable.

Bad Samsung - you are letting your customers down!

Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

This is the 6th Samsung I’ve bought ranging from 22 to 46 inch all cost less than £400 yet not had one issue with judder on them. My 46inch that we have in the conservatory is far better watching football etc on. Have the 55” Q700T which I got from Richer Sounds for £1300 staring to wonder if this was the reason it had such a good discount. Think I’ll be going down the same route as you with section 75 although it came with 5 year guarantee so could put with it till the last 6 months and go through the repair process

Roo21
Pioneer
Options

Thanks  for putting these words together  properly. 👏👏👏👏

user2000
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately I sacrificed the warranty for the price, *thinking* that as my other Samsung products have had good longevity I'd be OK!

Also, tried to get RS to price match when Argos had the £2499 and they wouldn't entertain it, obviously seeing that it was some kind of glitch.

5 years (I'm in Scotland) to bring an action for fauly goods anyway - as it is, given the overwhelming evidence, this shouldn't be a problem to prove but I just cannot be bothered with this juddering, it really is making OTA TV unwatchable - and why should I have to suffer the harsh glare of Game Mode for watching regular TV just to correct what appears to be a software issue?

I've always turned off all this post processing garbage on my previous Samsung TV's - I certainly don't want any soap opera effect nonsense so I can see everyone gliding across the screen either.

GET IT TOGETHER SAMSUNG - the people are speaking - and soon they will have spoken with their feet!