Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 04:57 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
Members_4CaaQzE
Apprentice
Options

Am I the only one who is having blurring issues on Netflix and Disney or streaming 4k files? Especially on panning shots. Can anyone advise where the sweet spot is for the blur or judder settings for Disney? Disable everything? I have been reading about soap opera effect, I am just not certain how to avoid it. 

0 Likes
DaneB
Journeyman
Options

To be honest I can't see it.  In general new firmware is available in the US (1462.1) so hopefully we in the EU will receive it soon so we could hope that at least some issues are fixed.

Members_4CaaQzE
Apprentice
Options

Hi Dane, how do you set the following picture clarity settings for Netflix/Disney? 
1. Blur
2. Judder
3. LED clear motion
4. Noise reduction 

Thanks 🙂 

0 Likes
DaneB
Journeyman
Options

Generally I am using on auto (it doesn't affect my taste) but for some content I am using blur 4(5), judder 8(9), LED clear motion off, noise reduction off.

skhatua
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Last 2 weeks it was a nightmare. Tried many times with different judder and blur reduction slider setting but no result.
Yesterday, I factory reset my Frame 2020. After that everything is fine. Set pic clarity  Auto. For some sports and action movies, I set Judder 8 to 10 and blur 0 to 3. even with picture clarity setting OFF, many streaming videos are fine with no judder/shutter.
Thanks

0 Likes
DaneB
Journeyman
Options

How about an HDMI source like STB?

0 Likes
skhatua
First Poster
Options

Hi

My STB is android and has OTT like Netflix, prime video, etc...

The TV channels are excellent with pic clarity OFF and auto and also custom setting. but youtube and prime video have very mild shutter/judeer. So I am not using OOT through the android set top box.

0 Likes
LEESTAR
Explorer
Options

Hi, 

So are you still having issues? Or did the factory reset fix everything ?

0 Likes
skhatua
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I am happy after the factory reset.  Most of the videos are fine.  Only few action scenes and sports have very mild issues and I can live with that. (Also, note that I am not a gamer).

I am very much sensitive to the picture issue. 

One thing I also want to add here. Previously I was watching in a 22 inch LG (50hz, 10 years old ) TV with 10 ft distance, there also shutter/judder in OTT. But I did not notice. Now the picture quality is excellent in the 55 inches 4K QLED and I watch from 10 ft. This may be a reason why a very mild shutter/judder is noticeable. 

0 Likes
Roo21
Pioneer
Options

Try

Blur 4

Judder 9

LED clear motion, Noise reduction both off

And BT to -1