Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 10:34 AM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

CE7253AD-893D-4052-A697-020351AF6C2F.png

 Just replied to my last message. Well they’re taking their time replying on here then 🤬🤬🤬

Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

We were told on here somewhere that Samsung do not look at the threads as it’s just a community based thing. So again, that was either incorrect which I doubt as I’ve not seen one response yet from Samsung on here or they are spouting rubbish again. 

0 Likes
BarryChuckle
Explorer
Options

I think they do monitor the threads. Well, they do in the US like here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Q800T-studder-judder-and-motion-blur/td-p/12...

But, the more ones you see that they respond to, the more you see generic responses. 

That's why I feel that the silence on here is disgusting behaviour from a so called world leader in the market. 

I've messaged several Mods direct and got nothing. 

LEESTAR
Explorer
Options

I’m coming to the conclusion that everybody is told to zip it because it’s something that cannot be fixed. I use an iPhone but tend to follow the latest phone reviews and it’s no secret that Samsung are slow at rolling out patches & fixes, especially compared to ONE plus and others. The worry is that this has been going on for months and after several updates nothing! We’re not even getting acknowledgement about the issue. The only positive is the 5 year warranty, with my case I’m going to stick it out a little longer and hope for a fix. I only watch football which is in UHD and I get no issues, Netflix & Disney plus are fine too. If I was one of you guys who has to sit through coronation street or eastenders with their Mrs then get the engineer out and make him condemn the tv and get rid of this brand. 

BarryChuckle
Explorer
Options

Totally agree with you. Never getting a Samsung device again if this is the way they treat customers. 

Mods only reply when they think they can earn kudos to increase their badges. Must be an incentive thing. When it's a real issue that they can't fix, the mods stay away or are told to stay away. Absolutely useless!

shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

There CRM and support are useless, return the TV and get another make, news on the AV forums they know all about it but choose to do nothing, the 2020 series was released and was indeed unfit for purpose, employees have been to to keep there mouths shut, pathetic !

Train1
First Poster
Options

Hi, I had the same problem with my Q90 and seem...seem...to have solved it by activating Digital Clean View to Auto and kept Judder and Blur to 0. So far so good. 

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes
DaneB
Journeyman
Options

Do you have Q90T?

Because on my Q95T same but with box I don't see option Digital Clean View? How is that possible? :smiling-face: Also is there any improvement, is anybody was successful to make any progress to connect set top box directly to TV.

For my case when I turn off picture clarity I got worst results, a lot of frame drops / judder, especially during football or tennis. It is totally annoying, don't know what to say? I want just to share with you that it is not definitely UK issue, for example I am facing issue with cable operator in Serbia. So definitely TV issue. Also I had frame drops during playing PS4 Pro - football and this I resolved with Motion Plus set to off but this is something related to game mode.

So guys does anybody got some feedback after Samsung engineers visit?

I am not satisfied with answer with some of members who reolace with Sony. If I wanted Sony I would pickup from beginning. Also I am not sure why are they still here when they "resolve" their issues :smiling-face:

Nevertheless I would like to hear do you have any news about some firmware in near future or anybody got some useful feedback by Samsung community. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Train1
First Poster
Options

Hi, yes I have the Q90. Activating the Digital Clean did work about 90% of the time with the Judder and Blur at 0. I was able to get another 8-9% improvement with Judder at 8 and Blur at 4. I still note a small amount of stutter because I’m sensitive to it but my wife and adult kids don’t notice any at all. Of course with Netflix, Hulu, etc I have no issues. Still love this set but it is horrible that Samsung knows about this issue and hasn’t sent a software fix yet. 

I don’t know what the equivalent for you on the Q95 is for Digital Clean View, sorry. 

0 Likes
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

Have the Q70 and I don’t have that setting either. No further forward with cust services just going round in circles

0 Likes