Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 03:10 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

Yes under law it’s not fit for purpose 

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

If you instigated the investigation of the fault within the 30 day period, yes you can declare it unfit for purpose go back to the place where you purchased it and get a refund, don't bother having another Samsung they are all the same 'unfit'.

0 Likes
evijay
Journeyman
Options

These youtube videos may be a good way to test judder ...   

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdqgXnDC8ZLsqpE_Ji1NyZw

Below observations are from UE50TU8500 ...  

if motion clarity settings are enabled, judder is removed after first few seconds. This could be the problem in watching content with motion on and off. 

Switching the settings off, you may see Judder all through

*It can not remove judder for one of the video

0 Likes
Richr87
Journeyman
Options

Okay, so...i've just gone to video some judder/stutter issues that i can send to samsung. As per above we watched Coronation Street last night in HD recorded on a Sky Q box and it was the worst I've seen it (A judder every 10 seconds)....HOWEVER I've just put myself through the torture of watching the exact same recording again to get my evidence and not a single Judder at all. I am utterly confused now!

I can now only assume one of two things, it was because we were watching it on record while it was still playing on live TV (Although as mentioned we had problems with Bridgerton on Netflix which makes me think it can't be that)

or.. its because the TV had been on too long as when we watched coronation street yesterday it had probably been on 5 hours or so and just when checking i have just turned the TV on for the first time since about 8:30am. (Now 11am)

They are the only two differences between how I've just watched it and how i watched it last night.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

It's Samsung's software, get rid of the TV and get a Sony or other make, that simple.

0 Likes
Members_4CaaQzE
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have recently purchased the Samsung QE75Q90T and am seeing this issue in multiple ways. 
If I put anything through my Pioneer amp and then to the Samsung it judders horrifically. I thought fair enough, the amp is quite old now so I put the sources directly into the Samsung. That is much better but its watching Netflix/Disney I see judder/blurring/ghosting frequently. Like most people say here its when there is movement from a still scene to movement but it just not a pleasurable viewing experience. 
This tv is three times more expensive than anything I have bought before and I am frankly gutted. I should be sat back enhoying the best tv I have ever purchased instead I am waiting anxiously for it to judder!  
Are people still having the same problem? I am on firmware version 1460.
Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
LEESTAR
Explorer
Options

Hi, unfortunately join the club. Yea you’re on the same software as me. The only glimmer of hope I see is if this reaches a wider audience (YouTube) there seems to be me and another guy on this forum who are chipping away at him to help us. This was his reply the other day.

F8367BFB-ED2F-42B6-8FAF-A005BCF5A957.png

shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Suggest if you are in the UK you send your complaint to the below :-

ukDOTpresidentATsamsungDOTcom

Members_4CaaQzE
Apprentice
Options

I started a support call with Samsung, I really dont know why I bothered. The response after soft reset and factory resets was:

"Thank you! Oliver we suggest observing the TV for a while. We just need to send this issue to our Engineer to investigate and possible new software update. Please make sure when streaming application the internet is in good condition to avoid slow interaction with the video that will affect blurry and ghost."

And

"Thank you! Oliver as we can see from the Image you send the TV is working fine. Regarding with the update we can't give any date to be release it will show on you TV once it done with the investigation."

He then asked me to take a picture of the issue! Taking a picture of a judder is hardly going to work.
I will try and return the tv. I will never buy a Samsung product again. 

0 Likes
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

Just been given the run around by cust services 🤬 asked if I wanted an engineer to call me said what’s the point they’ll only have me do what’s already been done and say there’s no issue. The next reply asked if I could send videos again and what the issue was sent them a link to here and told them to look for themselves🤬

0 Likes