Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 10:29 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

Just going round in circles asking if the Issue is noticeable on Netflix and YouTube. Said it probably is being looked into as techs keep an eye on the forums for issues, must all be stevie wonder then🤷‍

0 Likes
Roo21
Pioneer
Options

The hardware is fine but it just needs a technical software update addressing this judder issue that defeats the purpose of watching  TV. Especially Live TV.

Richr87
Journeyman
Options

Hi All, 

I purchased a Q80T just before Christmas and am having the same issues. I mainly watch Sky Sports through my Sky Q box & Movies, either through my playstation, Netflix, prime etc.. & have not noticed a single issues there.

However the few programs we do watch on TV i am noticing this issue, i'm still not sure if its on all channels but i always notice it when the wife is watching coronation street, we have a SKy Q box & always watch recorded problems & Coronation is shocking, i get a judder pretty much every 10-20 seconds that is so noticeable.

I would of probably returned the TV had it not been for the fact its perfect with sport & movies although and the fact i spent £700 on a samsung soundbar which interacts very well too, however its starting to get to me a bit now..i hope they release some sort of software update soon.

Any one know if it's certain content or certain channels? e.g. i'm wondering if i would have an issue watching a film on ITV. I also wondered if watching in HD was worse than SD?

Thanks for your time.

LEESTAR
Explorer
Options

I have the same tv and Sky Q, the sports in UHD are perfect but cricket, golf & snooker in HD are shocking. Football in HD is hit and miss. Yes ITV & BBC are the worst for me too, Disney + & Netflix in Sky apps are awful yet in the tv apps it’s perfect. The other night when Man Utd was on BBC it was shocking so I tried to watch it through BBC iPlayer in tv apps and it was the same. So there is a faulty tv app on my end. I can’t comment on the movies. I’m currently talking via Twitter to their support, same as another guy on here they are asking for videos and I’m waiting for them to blame sky. I still haven’t tried an aerial cable yet to watch ITV & BBC, not sure if anybody else has? I’ll do it tomorrow and feed back. 

Also does anybody have issues with BT sport? I use my dads app on my phone and cast it via Apple TV and it’s perfect. Another strange one.

0 Likes
Richr87
Journeyman
Options

Perhaps i have issues with some of them, its just really bad on ITV with Coronation street.

We use either the playstation or TV App for Netflix, not sure we have ever used the SKy Netflix App. However come to think of it although i've watched tons of movies with no issues...my wife has started watching Bridgerton on Netflix and that has a very bad Judder, which therefore makes me think its dependent on the content. She even watched Bridgerton the other night which was bad, i then put a netflix movie on straight after and it was fine and didn't log out of netflix or anything.

We are at this very minute watching a recording of Eastenders and after 15 mins i haven't noticed a single Judder, as previously mentioned it was every 10-20 secs on coronation street earlier tonight. Just checked and coronation street was recorded in HD, eastenders at the moment is in standard definition. Which makes me wonder if it is HD content filmed in a certain way that is creating the issue.

Roo21
Pioneer
Options

Recorded program playback perfect but the issue appears again when you watch Live streaming or Live TV 

Whether it is Sky, Freesat, BT etc

It happents with SD and HD equally but you notice it more with HD or 4k content. I think its the software AI that mabe the culprat. 

But maybe Samsung knows better.

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Yes Samsung know its a problem with their software, but have no plans to resolve, got rid of my Samsung and replaced it with a Sony, Brilliant !

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

LOL they will advise on numerous things, all useless, it's their problem and they know it, Samsung experts my foot, script readers and thats it !

0 Likes
Roo21
Pioneer
Options

Which exact model? I'm gonna check it out

0 Likes
Richr87
Journeyman
Options

Baring football we watch everything recorded and nothing live and we have the issue still. Recorded or live makes no difference on ours.

Would we even have an option now to return the TV having brought it the end of November?

0 Likes