Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 04:04 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

Sent them this tonight , around 13 seconds in just as the arrow moves down to the £1000it cuts back to the lady and the judder is clear as day

as well as other different shows including football over the last couple of weeks.

0 Likes
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

I wonder if on the emails you are receiving or even on the tweets you could say please now treat as CEO complaint. See if that gets any further?

0 Likes
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

Last message I sent was just that asking for this issue to be handed to tech dept and higher up as it’s not a one tv that’s affected but the whole range rather than going through the scripted fixes

Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

4978132A-C6C2-41CF-93AD-7B320F42048A.png

***** when will they listen  

0 Likes
Roo21
Pioneer
Options

When an influential YouTuber makes a video letting the world know :winking-face:

0 Likes
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

8B566542-6D9A-431E-AF74-E2BAC7C1DAD6.png

 looks like they are trying to put the blame on Sky 🤬

0 Likes
Roo21
Pioneer
Options

This problem is not just happening on Sky,

It happens when you start watching any form if Live TV. Free Sat is also stuttering and juddering. 

Is good that they did well to create a smooth experience with Amazon prime, Netflix etc. 

But they need to optimise and apply the same smooth experience to Live TV. 

Even Samsung TV app is affected with this unfortunate issue.

The older TVs don't have this issue. 

This is 2021 Samsung we shouldn't be going backwards. 

0 Likes
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

Told them it’s not only sky. Get it watching anything on the built in free view too from sports to quiz shows. Only time I’ve not had it is with Disney + or Netflix 

Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

They are really ruining their reputation by not addressing and fixing this issue in a timely manner. Must be that not enough people have returned TVs or something. 

0 Likes
Roo21
Pioneer
Options

I think this is a software issue that when it's addressed will be great!