Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 08:10 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
Jay108
Voyager
Options

I have q95t too and I  have similar picture issues as your tv. . In fact I have really bad colour gradient banding issue. Specially in dark areas of the picture.

Do let me know if you find a resolution with your TV.

shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Morning, yes I will let you know with pleasure, the concensus on here is that the issues are software and not hardware, with mine I am awaiting an Engineer visit to swap out the power board (already had the main boar swapped out), no change still get judder and the sound issue which drives us all insane, just as a tip no more than that we changed the picture from standard to natural that appears clearer, yours sounds like hardware, log a fault..must be costing Samsung a fortune with repairs/parts and those that decide that enough is enough and return the goods, I shall return mine if the swap out does not work.

JTracks
Journeyman
Options

I bought the 55inch Q80T and it did the same and I live in the US so I’m not sure it’s isolated to the UK being that we’re at 60? Awesome picture but unwatchable and only did it in local cable via hdmi. Roku, Netflix. Blu-ray etc never did it. Had Spectrum Cable out 3 times with new box, climbed the pole etc.... Did the normal things like turning motion clarity off and setting blur and judder to “0”. Samsung’s support was not helpful and contacting them many times and they acted like mine was an isolated issue and just did the ole normal factory reset. Even scrolling letters and numbers shuddered in set up which was weird. They was going to exchange it but no best buy was w/i 250 miles thankfully. I returned it. Hope this shed some light? Again the quality and features were great. Does anyone know of any other 55in 2020 Samsung’s that don’t have this issue? Thanks!

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

I truly believe thats its software related albeit I cannot get Samsung to agree, personally think the TV was released with rubbish software there appears to be no evidence of Samsung either admitting to this or indeed fixing the problems-this is the part that gives me the greatest concern to be honest, left in the wilderness with no help or assistance just denials..Samsung should simply say we have a software issue and our Developers are working hard to rectify the issues, but they don't, if I had this admission I would be prepared to wait for the release. The other worrying factor is that the software had become so convoluted they cannot fix it !, so its abandon your customers and let them sink !

Hazy1980
Apprentice
Options

Q70T here with terrible slowmo style judder on live sports and game shows! Tried every setting and even Game mode does not 100% resolve it for me

0 Likes
Hazy1980
Apprentice
Options

CD56E263-EAB8-4BF9-AA43-9CFCAE7F00C0.png

shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

lmho I had the same and explained that is simply is not possible especially with the noise glitches, the judder is to do with frame rate transmission and it may, dependent on the camera/phone you use not pick up the judder in any event, look we all know there is and issue here and we all know that Samsung know it, instead of them providing lame excuses and requesting things that are simply rather impossible  they need to declare there is an issue and give a timeline for a fix. This issue is real and is happening to a lot of us so get it fixed Samsung !!!!!!

bvgtje
First Poster
Options

Hi. Bought my q80t 55 inch in the Netherlands. TV works fine, same as built in netflix. However, streaming series/movies through apple tv can be real juggery, almost impossible to watch. Watching same content on other source gives no problem. Think it has got something to do with source frame rate as well. Hoping on a fix..

Axe147
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, I bought a Q85T a few days ago and immediately noticed the juddering issue especially on game shows and soaps. Not good enough for an £1100 tv. After a bit of a battle with the currys tech support guy they eventually agreed to accept the return. Shame really, because other than the obvious issue it's a really nice tv.

shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

I agree I paid the same back in October and still suffering judder/sound off and on issues, I shall return mine if a new power board does not solve the problem, good on you will save you  a lot of anguish believe me !

0 Likes