Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 08:01 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Dave, find it hard to believe that they deny this issue what in heavens name are they playing at, mine will go back as 'unfit for purpose' if I cannot see any movement on a resolution from Samsung, usual viewing is great just a shame it's let down by this fault and off course Samsung's CRM which appears to be non-existent. I need to follow this through as per Samsung support advice and their 3rd party repair business to reach a conclusion albeit possibly a legal one.

shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Dave you appear to be more familiar than I in regards this problem, I also have an issue with the sound now and again the sound goes off then comes back on, any source !, is this issue related to the juddering do you know ???

0 Likes
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Hi, no sound is fine on mine no issue. Only issue I did have a sound related issue with was the firestick on this tv. Every 45 mins almost like clockwork, the sound would drop out for a second and come back. However, I fixed this by changing audio output in firestick settings from Dolby digital + to normal Dolby digital. No further issues. 

I would imagine the issue I faced was more likely to do with the firestick than tv itself. 

not had any other sound related issues in any other source including built in apps. 

I did read somewhere though that since latest software update it was not working well with Dolby atmos audio but not sure what the issue was exactly. You could go into sound settings and turn Dolby atmos to off and see if you still have issue? 

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Many thanks will give it a whirl, think I have tried every setting with this damned thing.lol

Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Already set to off I am using the TV speakers still dropping the sound off and on for a second, drives me and the wife mad !

0 Likes
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Sorry to hear that. I’ve not had any other issues with sound. I use a receiver so not sure if that helps. 

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

We had a panasonic sub woofer attached but removed it in the hope we could resolve the sound issue, it didn't so back to square one. lol

0 Likes
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Hopefully someone is able to help resolve issue for you. Wish I knew what it was but unfortunately as I said, not something I’ve had myself. 

0 Likes
Jayze1988
Journeyman
Options

I have a q95t and i find the picture on tv/ native apps.. The picture glitches.. Pixilated and just isnt rite. Ive tried everything nothing works.. Watching 4k uhd on netflix even worse! Any one help? 

0 Likes