Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 27-09-2020 10:27 AM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

477 REPLIES 477
QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

Davey, you should try changing title to **Samsung 2020 T Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

That way it gets more exposure.

Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Yes good point. Now changed. 

SimonB1986
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issues with my 65' Q90t. Stutters and judders whatever the settings are at. Mainly gameshows / fixed camera shots. Unviewable. Samsung, please sort ASAP. A ticket has been raised. An engineer MUST visit in person as taking a video of the issue doesn't pick up the stutter. Utterly ridiculous spending so much and having these issues. 

Smap1
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue for me on both my Q80t and Q90t. My older q60r in the bedroom is fine so definitely a major issue with the 2020 t series models. If you reading this don’t buy a T series until Samsung have put an update out to fix this!

0 Likes
QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

Come on Samsung mods, we know you read this. Why no acknowledgement of this thread? 

Danny_t65
Journeyman
Options

I too have the same problem with a tu8500, I have also seen this issue on the 7000 tu model, come on Samsung it makes watching football painful!

Danny_t65
Journeyman
Options

i have noticed there is a samsung update available on the UK site dated 29.09.20, has anyone tried this to resolve the juddering issue?

0 Likes
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

I just checked and it’s still 1304 firmware for the 55 Q90T from 10 August 2020. Nothing on the U.K. site for 29 September. 

0 Likes
RichardGJones
First Poster
Options

I have a 49Q80T and seeing this too.  I thought I was going mad as noticed it especially on BBC Pointless and similar quiz shows.  Like others I've tried all motion control on/off/custom settings with no joy.  I gather that game mode can help but it's not something prepared to do just to watch TV without annoying judders.  We need a firmware fix.