Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 2020 65" Frame TV - White "Splotching"

(Topic created on: 10-11-2021 11:15 PM)
beefqueen
Journeyman
Options

I wanted to post to check if my new 65" Frame TV has a bug - or whether this is a feature of the TV.

When I am watching a darker scene in a film/programme, playing a dark scene in a video game or watching a movie with black bars at top and bottom, there are very prominent white "splotches" around the side of the screen. The bright areas are so prominent that it becomes distracting and - while the picture outside of the dark areas is fine - the overall TV picture is significantly marred.

(See pictures - shot in a dark room on an iPhone 12 with default exposure.) 

Is this a fault with my TV or is this simply an issue with poor backlighting from this particular TV?

The TV is always used in Intelligent mode, with default settings. I have had a 2017 Samsung TV in the past and didn't notice this issue (nor with my 32" 2020 Frame TV).  

Thanks!

IMG_0940.jpegIMG_0941.jpegIMG_0942.jpegIMG_0946.jpegIMG_0943.jpegIMG_0944.jpegIMG_0945.jpeg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Goutham
First Poster
Options

I have this issue on my 55 inch samsung frame as well..light bleeding from the corners which is very very apparent on black backgrounds.

0 Likes
Goutham
First Poster
Options

20210210_004557.jpg

0 Likes
Help
First Poster
Options

Hello my tv75inau7100 the same problem.. My tv its 1 weeks old. I don't know what happened with Samsung.. So disappointing.. This is my second tv the first one the same problem and i returned.. Now the new one has the same issue.. I don't know what to do.. Any idea if can be fixed? Thanks 

0 Likes
humistonJ
First Poster
Options

my brand new 2023 55 frame tv is doing the exact thing. Same exact picture as yours. Did you ever get an answer? Is this just the “new normal” or is this a defect and I should return?

0 Likes
Inkaos
First Poster
Options

I am so so disappointed with Samsung, I have the exact same issue. Clouds of white when the scene is dark. I have the Frame 55 (2023 model) My frame from 2020 did not have this issue, but instead it broke down after 2.5 years - I am going to bring the TV back! I am done with Samsung.

0 Likes