Did you mean: 

Samsung 2018 Q Series (Q9) HDMI 2.1 Upgrade Petition

(Topic created on: 01-11-2021 04:25 PM)
jez_0
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all safe and well?

For anyone with a Q9 and would like to possibly see an upgraded One Connect box to HDMI 2.1, I have started a petiton if anyone would like to sign http://chng.it/NtDn9QnM

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
MarcoDeso
Explorer
Options

also applies to the q90r 2019?

GoatTV
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this.  I wasn't too concerned until the new console lauch.  I'm pretty upset that there is no support for VRR or HDMI 2.1 on the 2018 Q9 series.  Its a decent bit of kit and its sad its now obselete thanks to the lack of 2.1 support.

Will not touch another Samsung if they aren't going to offer 2.1 support for this model.

Edwin_mdk
Journeyman
Options

Samsung 2018 Q Series (Q7FN) HDMI 2.1 Upgrade is mi Petition please Samsung org.

Edwin_mdk
Journeyman
Options

Bought a qled fn9 of 65 in 2018 for 2,800 euros I am interested to know if Samsung supported its products with no less than 2 years and older equipped with native 120hz screen without one connect hdmi 2.1. Personally I am interested in the 4k at 120hz because I have to buy a tv to be able to have the hdmi 2.1 knowing that a new box one connect from Samsung is enough. which makes sense to put new one connect with hdmi 2.1 for your high-end products with less than 2 years of output as long as they have native 120hz displays. Samsung when we will have the new one connect hdmi 2.1 for our products ? have we paid too much money for our products trusting you to spend with us?

0 Likes
NeonLight
First Poster
Options

Be careful what you wish for. I've got a Q70T (2020) and the HDMI 2.1 support is horrendously bad. It's borderline unusable with my RTX 3070, and one of their tech support people on live chat told me that 4k @ 120Hz is only supported properly for games consoles, and not PCs.

Despite the TV being just over a month old (ie: about a week beyond the 28 day 'no quibble' exchange policy) they won't allow me to return it for a refund, so I'm stuck with an £800 TV that doesn't actually properly implement the one thing I bought it for.

0 Likes
Frostbit
Explorer
Options

Would love to see an HDMI 2.1 upgrade for q7fn. I would pay for it, as this is actually a new feature, not just a minor update

0 Likes