Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsun Smart 4k UHD Tv Geo blocked

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 09:37 AM)
Anjay123
Student
Options

Hello,

I need help. I have a Samsun UHD TV model no.  UA40KU7000. It was bought in UAE and then I moved to Georgia (The country). Recently I believe its software got updated automatically and now I can't see any tabs for the apps but only live tv. When I tried to reset it says Smart hub is geo-blocked and not available in your country.

Can someone help please. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
VC78
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately not, I tried string help from Samsung UK but in vain. They are not even aware of the issue, let alone provide a solution. I’ll keep trying different suggestions. Good luck

Giorgi_2
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I also have such a problem, you have fixed this problem or not? 

I am very interested :smiling-face:

0 Likes
VC78
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, all remains the same. Samsung advised calling out a technician which incurs in costs but offered no remote solution. 

0 Likes
ambako
First Poster
Options

This approach of Samsung, that if I buy a TV in Germany and move to another country, then I have to throw away this TV and buy a new one, is very stupid!!!
Even more stupid answers from their side, call a technician, bring the TV to a service center.
Why should the TV be tied to the region, this is the biggest nonsense!
Well, let's say you attach the TV to the region, but when your client asks you, you don't even have to pay attention????

As for blocking.

Where was the TV bought, if you give me the VPN of that country, the Internet will not work?

0 Likes