Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S95B TV Q900T Soundbar Surround Sound Not Working

(Topic created on: 18-06-2022 02:56 AM)
Zombiesfeelpain
Pioneer
Options

Just went from a QN95A TV to an S95B I'm noticing one issue, not being able to use 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound on my Q900T soundbar, especially on games consoles, photo below, it says they are not supported whereas on my QN95A they were, not sure if this is either an S95B firmware fix needed or a Q900T soundbar firmware update fix, I'm using the latest firmware on my S95B and Q900T soundbar, ran via eARC on an HDMI 2.1 certified cable.

IMG_5722.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, looking at the support I think you need to use Dolby Digital as DTS isn't supported.
0 Likes
Zombiesfeelpain
Pioneer
Options

I was just hoping to use the uncompressed 5.1 and 7.1 options, I think that’s LPCM, they were both ticked with my previous QN95A TV.

0 Likes
crunchie
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. 
The other audio outputs on Xbox are extremely laggy. 

uncompressed audio is the only fix. E-arc should support it so why doesn’t this TV? 

i have a jBL 9.1 soundbar. Gaming on this tv is impossible without lag if you can’t output uncompressed audio over e-arc. My old Samsung TV worked fine. 

0 Likes
Members_24LX8pp
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you find a solution? I have the same problem. I noticed that turning on game mode on the tv disables support for 5.1 uncompressed sound (LPCM), which is very inconvenient, because VRR only works in game mode. Also, on PS5 I got the uncompressed 5.1 sound to work turning off dolby atmos on the tv settings, but that doesn't work on Xbox series x.

0 Likes