Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S95B - Popping sounds (only with E-ARC enabled) when I switch channels or browsing streaming video with AVR or AMPs

(Topic created on: 17-05-2023 11:04 AM)
DanielePat
Apprentice
Options

Hello guys,

does anyone else have a setup where by they use the e-ARC system to transfer audio to their AV amplifier? 

If I switch HDMI earc to Auto in the menu system there is a horrible popping clipping sound when the audio tries to sync. This can be heard at all levels, changing programmes on Samsung TV, browsing Netflix or PrimeAudio or AppleTV movies and even when watching a Blu Ray via earc.

If the HDMI earc is set to off utilising the normal ARC then the audio is fine. There are no pops or clicks.

The problem with this is switching HDMI to off means you cannot pass through the hi resolution audio codecs. Is it normal?

6 REPLIES 6
Kylrad
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue, only with a S95C. I use a Samsung HW-90R soundbar.
No popping sounds when I use ARC, but when I enable e-ARC on the tv the popping sounds start happening randomly. Did you ever found a solution to your problem?

Marko81
Journeyman
Options

I have the exact same issue! S95B with HW-Q80R soundbar. When I turn off eARC everything works just fine. No random pops. I would turn off eARC permanently but then PS5 audio lags too much.

DanielePat
Apprentice
Options

I tried different HDMI cables, and some is reducing the issue better than others, not necessarily the more expensive works better, I mean.

It's an absurd bug considering the price of the tv

Marko81
Journeyman
Options

Yes, really pain in the a**, considering the price of the TV. I think it's a hardware problem, because I've already had several firmware upgrades on the TV and problem still hasn't been solved.

I'm sure it's not the soundbar or the HDMI cable, because everything works flawlessly on the LG C9. It's unfortunate that Samsung soundbar works better with LG than with Samsung TV.

0 Likes
bildar
First Poster
Options

I have an S90c with Denon amplifier and a similar issue. While streaming something (i.e. not in menus), I'll hear a loud pop/crack at random. I'll also hear occasional audio hitches and/or a seconds-long silence. It's not everything all the time - I might hear two or three of these small things throughout an hour-long show, but it's enough to be a problem.

Would using an external device like an Apple TV connected to the receiver solve this?

0 Likes
DanielePat
Apprentice
Options

I can only say that, after tried everything, I tested different brands of hdmi cables and 1 of them (do not remember the name) is mitigating the problem a lot. Funny thing is that it's not the most expensive, but a medium range quality.

0 Likes