Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S95B - PC gaming - when launching game it switches back to 100hz instead 120hz

(Topic created on: 27-03-2023 12:26 PM)
BrainsCollector
First Poster
Options

Hello.

I have some weird problem. TV, S95B that I have bought recently, when connected to PC - radeon 6900XT, while opening game battlefield 2042 switches to lower frame rate than desktop. I had set up native 1440p with 120Hz and now running 4k 120hz, and while turning on game it switches back to lower frame rate instead reported 120hz that is already displayed in options. It is also visible in game bar, when enabled, it dissapears for a second when game is opening and reapears reporting 100hz. Then when in game options it is already switched to 120hz, and after using tab to switch is to 100hz display is not blinking with prompt that resolution have ben changed like it would be already turned on, but after switching back to 120hz it starts to work as intended and also it is visible on game center on tv with reported correct refresh rate. 

drivers are up to date, everything plugged correctly as it is obvious that everything works ok, but seems like there is some problem with connection handshake when turning on game. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CarlH
Options

Hi @BrainsCollector. Are there any settings on your computer that need changing that could affect V-Sync/ FreeSync? Perhaps in the Desktop settings or the AMD control panel. 

0 Likes
BrainsCollector
First Poster
Options

I was trying multiple combinations, even turning off freesync not fixing issue. Setting game to forced sync (always on) , turning on and off in game sync, alternative freesync, turning off hdmi link assurance, using CRU to delete 100hz option resulting in launching game in 60hz, really quite a few hours of troubleshooting 

0 Likes