Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S95B motion issue 1420 (video Clip)

(Topic created on: 26-12-2022 06:00 PM)
Leerolph
Pioneer
Options

motion issue 

I managed to capture a very short clip of an example of the motion issue with the S95B on 1420 

The clip is only a couple of seconds, and was captured from a HD broadcast but shows the motion issue if you look at the text on the box 

S95B 1420 Motion issue clip  

9 REPLIES 9
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried putting picture clarity on auto and putting the settings on 3 and 3
G G
0 Likes
Leerolph
Pioneer
Options

Yeah I’ve tried various settings in Clarity but it doesn’t seem to make any difference… still get weird artefacts 

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
What hi fi noticed the same problem in its review but found the my answer and dropping the sharpness but maybe not. Guess its a wait for a software update. Sorry couldn't help any more
G G
Options
I'm slowly regretting buying this TV (S95B). It was meant to be upgrade to my 6 year old LG Oled. With every single firmware upgrade Samsung is releasing there are more and more issues implemented. With 1420 image processing is no where near as good as with firmware when S95B was initially released. Picture is juddery as heck. HDR with games consoles is also still not fixed. Console should dictate how HDR is working not TV for highlights and brightness but comparing it to my friends LG, on S95B its still messed up. LG looks much cleaner even 3d like i would say. And OS is simply laggy and annoying. On a flagship tv this is unnaceptable!!! If this won't be fixed within a month or so I'm returning this TV and getting an LG.
Leerolph
Pioneer
Options

I’m literally feeling the same about this TV. I purchased based on the many reviews praising this TV which on reflection were based on initial release and early firmware. 
Mine arrived with the firmware that had the broken VRR so was pleased when 1420 fixed that issue but the other issues such as motion, colour accuracy, buggy software, system hangs and crashes… I’d like to think these will be fixed in the future but I honestly don’t, from what I read it’s been a steady decline update after update, this TV’s been out for the most part of 2022. As for film maker mode.. I thought the whole point was to some kind of standard presentation to view content how the creator intended, why Samsung are so arrogant to think their picture presentation is superior I have no idea. 
I can honestly say I hands down preferred the picture and OS on my LG C9 and wish I’d gone for the C2 or even the CS which is basically a hybrid of the C1 with the C2 processor. 

0 Likes
AlonGoodBoy
Apprentice
Options

I have the same motion problem in 1420 (Don't know how it was before cause my set came with 1403).

It seems these artifacts are happening to fast moving contrasty objects in 24/30 fps content.
Turning off the judder setting solves it but then the whole picture isn't smooth.
These 24fps tests really show this bug on the TV : 
clock judder test:
https://youtu.be/zFQdMXUFZqM
Jemini Man chase 24fps:
https://youtu.be/Iv4-15Oc9AA

Hope they fix it soon. Cause besides that (and the fact that Tizen OS is slow and menu sometimes freezes for a few secs) the Tv is very pretty, bright and has beautiful colors. 

0 Likes
AlonGoodBoy
Apprentice
Options

This is how it looks like on my TV in the 24fps judder test:
https://youtu.be/qbieXwt-I2w
Watching a movie, motion is generally good, but when there are fast moving objects you do see these jerkings. 

0 Likes
Leerolph
Pioneer
Options

Have run the tests and it’s the same for me too, any increase to the setting to try to reduce the judder makes the issue worse. 

wwwftpcom
First Poster
Options

I'm on 1304 and it is the same. It is smoot for 2 seconds and then it stutters. it's unwatchable. Shame onyou SAMSUNG. I'm big fan of yours, but this is just a big monitor, not a TV !!!

0 Likes