Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RugbyPass tv app

(Topic created on: 19-06-2024 08:13 PM)
Members_TpgazUF
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung QE55Q80CATXXU Q80C 55" QLED 4K HDR.
How can I download the RugbyPass tv app?

Also, where the hell is the space bar on the remote control when you are trying to type in two separate words.

10 REPLIES 10
scurrell
Journeyman
Options

Same question here. I know I can cast but I'd prefer the TV app.

Members_IHeBzaA
Journeyman
Options

They haven't done a version of the app for Samsung TVs yet, just Android with Chromecast and IOS with Airplay. I think your TV supports AirPlay, so if you have an IOS device that is your best option.

0 Likes
Ghân
First Poster
Options

There is no app on Samsung smart TV.  Nor does RugbyPass tv work in the browser on the TV.  Also (like today's Japan - England game) the games often don't play even after the match is over as a replay.  (Using a VPN to put yourself in one of the non Rugby playing countries they list as available doesn't help. The message is "contact support".  Good luck with that!  It's not on the site and Google can't find it.  Shame on you World Rugby.

0 Likes
Natsy123
First Poster
Options
I have managed to get the app on my Samsung phone. From playstore. But nothing on our Samsung Smart TV. Real shame. And no sense that can't get on all Samsung devices. And agree about space bar! 🤣
0 Likes
Members_IHeBzaA
Journeyman
Options

I hadn't thought of the browser, just tried it and it works okay for me.

0 Likes
scurrell
Journeyman
Options

I used the android phone app this morning and cast it to my Chromecast - worked fine.

0 Likes
Members_GNGsafS
First Poster
Options

The Samsung phone runs on Android, but the Samsung TV runs on Tizen.  Until RugbyPass do a Tizen version of the app, it'll have to be cast or through the browser.

0 Likes
Ghân
First Poster
Options

That's interesting.  I'll do some more investigation.  I can get onto the site.  It asks me to accept cookies, but then just returns a blank page.

0 Likes
GeeBee42
First Poster
Options
I used the browser but it seemed to time out every 15 minutes or so and need the site to be reloaded !
0 Likes