Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RU7400 can’t connect to SmartView app

(Topic created on: 19-11-2019 02:18 PM)
DorsetRed
First Poster
Options

Ok so this weekend I bought a RU7400. All set up and working fine except I've downloaded both the SmartView and SmartThings apps on both an iPhone and iPad and neither will connect to the tv. Both apps show the tv there but when I select them they try to connect then just come up saying unable to connect. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @DorsetRed ,

glad to hear that you got one of our TVs! That might be caused by a compatibility issue. Do you have any Android device that you can test with this? 

0 Likes
DorsetRed
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately no I don't have any Android devices. We are an Apple household! Surely the TV should connect to Apple devices fine though??

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

You are very welcome @DorsetRed . Are both devices connected to the same network when you try to connect them? If so, I would suggest contacting our Smart Switch app Team to have a look at this with you by sending them an email at: smartview.op@samsung.com.  

0 Likes
DorsetRed
First Poster
Options

Thanks, I tried emailing that address but it bounced back as invalid. Can you check it for me please?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Sure! I have checked it this and it seems to be the right one. 

0 Likes
DorsetRed
First Poster
Options

This is the reply I got:

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to smartview.op@samsung.com because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email.

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.1.1 Recipient address rejected: User unknown

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for giving this a try @DorsetRed  Before having a look at other available options, can you confirm if your Tv is running on the  1315.4 software version? You can check this from Settings> Support> About this TV. Have you also tried to restart the Wi-Fi, phone and Tv and try this again? 

0 Likes
DorsetRed
First Poster
Options

According to that it's running in 1323?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That may mean that our Support page hasn't been updated yet with the latest one as this is from August. have you tried to restart all the devices (including the router) and try this again?

0 Likes