Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Pro connection issues. No video

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 06:14 PM)
NODDYNODSVILLE
Journeyman
Options

I'm trying to connect my   Samsung TV which is a 2020 65 "Q60T QLED QE65Q60TAUXXU 4K HDR To a RING PRO Video doorbell so I can view my front door.

I have the smart things app, enabled the skill and can view it on my Alexa Show display.

When I give the command for Alexa to show the RING PRO, the wording comes up on the screen as showing RING PRO, but no actual video.

Amazon states that the Ring pro should connect to a fire TV, or to later Samsung TVs. I think my TV is compatible, not really sure.

Any advice in this matter would be much appreciated 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
HPJr
Explorer
Options
I'm sure your tv is compatible considering it is on the hight end.. Have you checked the camera angle etc. as stupid as it may sound, or perhaps the connection is dodgy - I'm not quite sure i suggest you call amazon up or sum
0 Likes
TinaR61
First Poster
Options

Well I got it to work eventually last year - a 30 year old qualification  in IT from Cambridge University, Technology eventually became useful.  LoL

However, since the last update a couple of weeks ago it has stopped working.   The trouble started when the  notification came up on the tv but video would not load or show.  I have done every type of upgrade, uninstall and reinstall on phone in Smart Life and tv  but Smart life is completely broken.  The Ring app works perfectly on my mobile and on my cheap Lenovo tablet and top of the range Dell XPs13 laptop and even on my 7 year old HP laptop. 

The Smart Life app loads on the phone but shows no video .  It has now refused to load on the tv at all so now even the notifications on the tv have stopped.  This is clearly a new recent problem with Smart Life /TV since an upgrade of firmware.   Samsung need to sort it!

For some of you having trouble you may find it a basic issue ad not you - firstly the Smart life and Samsung link only works with the Ring Pro (earlier versions of Ring including version 3 do not work) the same applies to the earlier tvs made before mid 2018, nor do they work on the earlier Samsung apps.  

Background - Ring Doorbell Pro, Samsung S8 mobile, Samsung QLED Q85R (bought end Oct 2019).  

0 Likes
MrLondon2020
First Poster
Options

Did you get working? I got same issue as of Today 

0 Likes
NODDYNODSVILLE
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, never did get the ring pro working on my tv, only on the phone and iPads. If you have any luck, any chance you can post it on here with the solution 👍

0 Likes
John77777
Apprentice
Options

Hi Noddy, I had a similar problem with my previous Samsung series7 Tv and Ring pro,  Got it working eventually.    Can I ask..  Are you able to see your "Ring Pro" listed as a device when you open the SmartThings app actually on the Tv  ? , ( as opposed to opening app  on a phone/tablet ?)

0 Likes
MrLondon2020
First Poster
Options

Hi, yes i can see on tv, i get notifications too but no image in notifications and no video if i press to view 

0 Likes
John77777
Apprentice
Options

Hi M London...Sounds similar to what I had. ....  Does the Tv  TRY to show cameras view at all when you click `view` ?    i.e.   change from tv pic to black screen ? ...  Also,,  any sound ?? ....  I had similar where the screen would go black after clicking allow,,, as though trying to load,,,  I could hear the sound being transmitted from doorbell ( street noise)  but,,, no pic. 

From memory...  I think I ended up resetting Router,  resetting Ring pro.... connecting tv by ethernet cable rather than wifi....   and possibly disabled then re enabled  the skill.      worth A try

0 Likes
MrLondon2020
First Poster
Options

Yes it try to show but after about 15secs stop’s and say could not load. 

0 Likes
John77777
Apprentice
Options

I assume you`ve already tried a soft reset  ?

0 Likes