Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning TV without the box

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 02:21 PM)
hascam
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I purchased a QN94 50" TV around 3 weeks ago, but after 5 days it developed a black horizontal line through the middle of the screen. I've phoned Samsung multiple times trying to send it back but I have no box as I threw it away. Everytime I've phoned they've said this isn't a problem and apparently told the courier to bring a box and book me a collection to return it but they've come twice now and both times they haven't brought a box with them. It's been nearly 2 weeks now that I've been trying to return it. Can anyone help at all as I feel like I'm getting nowhere calling Samsung support.
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
You can buy "tv cardboard boxes" on ebay, not cheap though! as long as you have a returns label this would be the fastest way to send it back.

You should always keep original boxes for the length of the warranty.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @hascam  Hopefully you can obtain  suitable packaging as  it seems you cannot rely on the courier, unless you want to give them another chance. You should be able to source the TV Boxes.

I know many people likely do dispose of  Boxes fairly quickly, it really is advisable to hold on to them for a while.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

hascam
Journeyman
Options
I usually do hold on to pretty much all boxes but I've recently moved into a flat and there isn't much space. I guess I might have to buy a box.
0 Likes
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Take photos infront of courier and let him take it away samsung should build tvs to last long than 3 weeks .
0 Likes
hascam
Journeyman
Options
The courier refuses to take it without the box, and it didn't even get to 3 weeks, just 5 days old.
0 Likes
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Courier lifted my tv without box tell samsung to arrange something its there tv that'd faulty why should you be out of pocket buying a tv box
0 Likes
hascam
Journeyman
Options
I have mate I've called them around 5 times and arranged a collection twice, both times Samsung said they'd told them to bring a box but courier said that Samsung hasn't supplied them a box. I've paid for a box now anyway, Samsung's support is seriously disappointing and annoying. I've been cut off, passed to different people, all of which say things probably just to get me off the phone.
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Yeah that's what they do they are working from home the thing that annoyed me is that they didn't speak clearly and continued to put me on hold
0 Likes
hascam
Journeyman
Options
Yeah they put my on hold a lot, told me I'd get updated with things but I haven't had anything back yet.
0 Likes