Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return TV until ads are stopped

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 04:58 PM)
RemoveAds
First Poster
Options

I had no idea my expensive TV would be full of ads that I can't disable.  There is only an option to remove interest based ads but that's not good enough.  After searching the internet, I see that people have been complaining about this for years.  Samsung is hell bent on keeping this so I'll return my TV.  The world is better with less TV anyways.

4 REPLIES 4
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Unfortunately that's just how it is, i just bought a new Samsung tv on black Friday and so i have the same issue.
But its more than likely only going to get worse for the general consumer market, as more and more revenue is generated through advertising, and companies are spending billions of pounds on buying and selling consumer data, things like usage habits, what we buy, what our interests are, absolutely everything they can to generate profiles of us to sell to other companies for targeted advertising. This is only the beginning. So keep ur TV, unless u go for a very high end prosumer market, u will most likely always find a form of advertisement, even the shortcut buttons on the remote such as Netflix, or Roku, or Amazon, they generate income for samsung.
0 Likes
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
stop repeating questions!
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They are like unwanted ads!
xxs
Journeyman
Options

Disconnect the TV off network. And use it as a dumb screen. I have no tolerance to any ads.

That being said a "pi-hole" dns setup can handle most ads (not just TV).

0 Likes