Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Audio out works only for certain apps

(Topic created on: 06-01-2019 03:09 PM)
im1dermike
Student
Options

I recently purchased a Samsung UN49NU8000FXZA smart TV.  I had to purchase a digital-to-analog audio adapter because my audio receiver only has analog input.  This will allow me to connect an optical cable to my TV, run it through the adapter, and connect a red/white sterio cable to my audio receiver.  Before I received this adapter and I was using the TV speakers for audio, audio from all sources came from the TV without issue. 

To hookup my audio receiver, I wired up the adapter and went into the TV's Sound settings and changed the audio output from "TV Speakers" to "Audio Out/Digital".  Now, only some audio comes from the receiver.  The Youtube app comes through the receiver and sometimes the smart TV menu feedback sounds comes through the receiver.   What never comes through the receiver speakers is the Amazon Prime app and audio from my cable box (a Verizon FIOS DVR box connected to the TV via an HDMI cable).  Those are the only apps I have set up at this time.

My expectation is that all audio that would be outputted from the TV should now come from the receiver.  How can I get all audio to come through the receiver speakers successfully?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
im1dermike
Student
Options

It looks like I resolved the issue.  I went into Settings > Sounds > Expert Settings and change the "Digital Output Audio Format" from "Dolby Digital" to "PCM".  Getting all audio through the receiver now.

Dre123
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issues and tried switching to PCM but that and it still did not work. I even doubled check when I was in Netflix and I cannot even change that setting. 

0 Likes
tv99
Student
Options

hi, was your issue resolved? as me too facing same issue.even though its point PCM, apart from youtube, nothing others works

tv99
Student
Options

hi, was your issue resolved? as me too facing same issue.even though its point PCM, apart from youtube, nothing others works

0 Likes
Chadster19
Apprentice
Options

did u ever get a solution for this. all settings are set to PCM. and on the samsung TV except for youtube, nothin works on the soundbar, i have a toshiba sound bar and i can see the led blinking. almost like its sending a signal that is no 2 channel audio.

0 Likes
SimoMzz
First Poster
Options

When is the last time that you had a problem, googled it, found it right away, then you tried it, and it worked on first try? Well, I feel like I won the lottery because this worked for me!

God knows what the reasoning behind this setting is... but I guess for now I am all set!

0 Likes
Kimp2
First Poster
Options

Same problem. Not worth it to me to fool around with this. Going to buy a set of bluetooth speakers

0 Likes