Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset TV to get it to connect to Soundbar

(Topic created on: 17-05-2021 11:42 PM)
Simon B
First Poster
Options

Hi. Ok, I know my Samsung TV is old now but the picture is great and it's a 3D TV which I love using (3D TV's are no longer available to purchase).

I've got a UE40F6400 with all the available updates.

I'm trying to connect a Sony Soundbar HT-Z9F to the TV via the ARC HDMI. I can confirm the connection is made (I can navigate to the HDMI source and see the soundbar), the cable is above minimum spec,  and the soundbar is functioning correctly. The problem is the TV will not output to the Soundbar. The 'Receiver' sound option is greyed out and the only way to connect to the soundbar is to Reset the TV which includes reinstalling all the aerial channels. It will then connect successfully and show up as 'Receiver' in the TV Sound options.  I have to do this every time the tv is switched off - both to standby or OFF. Performing a reset immediately and automatically connects to the soundbar.

I've gone through all the settings and AnyNet+ is ON. Refreshing the AnyNet+ devices will not find the soundbar. The ONLY way to connect is to reset the TV.

Resetting every time I switch on the TV is getting tiresome. Any suggestions are very welcome.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
Use an opticaĺ lead
0 Likes
Simon B
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, all the outputs from the TV seem to be failing. I cannot get any response from Optical, Composite and HDMI which I think now shows the TV is dying.

Time for a replacement. 

0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
I just bought thr new Phillips 'The one' 4 arc sockets,atmos and vision built in, for mx Xbox,has 2,1 hdmi's
0 Likes